ZL7E kicking up a storm on 10m atm

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by VK3KTT, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VK3KTT

VK3KTT Ham Member QRZ Page

good signals from them this morning working plenty of W's on 10m

2. WB9LUR

WB9LUR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The ZL7E DXpedition to Chatham Island is now QRV with a good signal into NA right now! ... as always I have updates, links to online log, spots, QSL info, etc, etc, posted here:

http://callingdx.com/ZL7E-Chatham-DXpedition.htm

EDIT - ZL7E is a separate DXCC from NZ so if you didn't get ZL7AAA last year or one of the earlier ops - good shot at ATNO with this one ...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  3. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey Randy, I think I hrd you in the crowd just now on 15 CW. Hope you got him. Luckily, I scored. Band was quiet, he was copiable and not much of a crowd. I like it that way! This was the first time I have hrd him with copiable strength. (I'm 90w + GP vertical)

4. WB9LUR

Yeah just got him ... heard you get him first though!!! Signals peaking here right now ...

5. KP4SX

Good on ya!

6. WB9LUR

When he came back to you with your partial call ... KP4 ... I wondered if it was you and sure enough it was! First time I think I've witnessed one of my fellow QRZers nail the DX!

7. KP4SX

Story of my life. Being the Weak Guy I often clog up pileups while the DX op goes thru the alphabet looking for a combination :) I hope KP4HX is appreciative :) He's got some nice new ones.

8. WB9LUR

KP4HX won't be getting this one - you are in the log at ClubLog ... me too ... not an ATNO for me but still wanted to work them ... chatted with them via email before they left and am featuring them on my http://www.CallingDX.com website.

9. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Booming in here tonight on 10 SSB, big pileup. I didn't jump in since I already have Chatham confirmed on 10.

10. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I called for a long time on 12M CW tonight, to no avail. But I see I have the ZL7X on CW so not an emergency. probably need them worse on RTTY!

11. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Very good ops with good ears. Got 'em on 15 CW on 4.3, and on 10 phone last night. Have Chatham confirmed from long ago in Michigan, but first QSOs in the QRZ.com logbook.

Bill

12. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They were blasting in here at about 0600z on 30m,... but it's a bit early in the game for my CENTURY-22 / 15w & dipole to play with the BIG boys.

13. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

BIB,

If they're strong at your end, you've got a decent shot. They were about S1 here when I worked them with 100 watts and a random wire on 15. They were pretty strong here when I worked them on 10.

Bill

14. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

http://www.voacap.com/coverage.html
    06Z can be a very good time to work ZL7E with QRP if they have a good signal.

The Voacap map is good for predicting your competition later in the day, while a few minutes of listening will tell you who they are working right now.

Zack W1VT

15. N2SR

N2SR Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked them easily on 40 cw through a big pileup just now. Sounds like they are working both JAs and North America.

They are pretty loud too. S5.

That's #306 40

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.