ad: ProAudio-1

ZK2C Niue Island!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WA6MHZ, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just missed them on 20CW as I was fiddling with the Kilowatt and by the time I got it to work, they had gone to 20SSB
    I called there but the Kilowatt wasn't working. No RF output according to the meters. But they answered me anyway. So I worked them on a few MILLIWATTS of RF. Later I got everything working fine, with a full gallon out. Now that I didn't need it!

2. W5WS

W5WS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've worked them on 15, 12 and 10 SSB. The 10m contact was at 5 Watts. That makes 48 DXCC qrp phone for me.

3. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the HK0 will be the DXpedition of the year to beat, most difficult to reach, camping tents, generators, number of ops, and total number of QSO's, quality of the operation, log uploads in almost real time within 24 hrs anyway.

Best of all for number 13 of the Top 100 most wanted entities. That will take some doing for someone to pass them.

NV5E good job on the 48 contacts toward your QRP DXCC! I finished mine up Jan 28 with the excellent band conditions this last year I did it in 6 months fooling around when no major DX on. The HK0NA was what finished me out out had them on 4 bands QRP SSB all of my contacts for DXCC's are phone. The high bands really were my friends in the QRP runs you don't need cards for the QRP DXCC but I'm sending them out anyway for the ones I don't have on LoTW just for the fun. But hay what is this hobby for if not for having FUN!!

4. WA6MHZ

ZK2C was on 80CW this morning, 3511, but so was H40FN, a farther desired entity where there was a roaring pileup for. The ZK2 was dirt weak at 5AM, and the H40 Pileup was engulfing him. I tried with the full KW, but don't know if he came back to me, as every time I would listen, H40 callers were smashing him. I have a fancy JPS NIR-10 DSP Filter which helped some, but also messed with me. It seems it also DSPs the CW SIDETONE, and was intermittently blanking it out. I had to abandon the NIR-10 and listen through the mess. Finally it was time to go to work, and I just shut it all off. Maybe the ZK2 had answered me several times, don't know.

5. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

It's amazing what you can hear when your power line noise is gone.

15m RTTY 02/15/12 2204z ZK2C

100 watts and the 4-element beam. He was actually S3 at best, but I'll take it. ;)

6. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

ZK2C is on 10 right now he's not very busy.

7. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

worked em on 30 a few nights ago. I have Niue confirmed from a dx operation there last year, but I don't recall if I had them on 30 or not.

8. N2ADV

N2ADV Ham Member QRZ Page

I always see these posts when I'm away from my radios.

Hopefully, they'll be on tomorrow and I'll try to catch 'em then.

9. WA6MHZ

Times almost up! They go away on the 17th! I nailed them on 40M RTTY this morning. One call with the Kilowatt, FB!
    But I am BUMMED about last night!

Was upstairs watching TV and saw they came on 20CW.

Was ready to rush downstairs to the Radio shack and work them. Should have taken only a few minutes with the Beam and Kilowatt. But as I headed down the stairs, the WIFE came and blocked me from going.

WA6BEN's GIRL was down there and my wife didn't want her to see me in my underwear!!!

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just want to go into the radio shack, and I will be BACK upstairs in 5 minutes!!

NOPE!!!! NOT ALLOWED downstairs unless I get FULLY DRESSED!

So I didn't get the ZK2C on 20CW! Tonight is my LAST CHANCE!

10. W6GMT

W6GMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Got them on 10CW QRP from MN yesterday one more entry on the journey from 100 to 200 DXCC most QRP
    they Have very good Ears

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.