ZeroFive 43ft vertical vs Butternut HF2V

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by AE7F, Jun 18, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. AC0OB

    AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

    You might try my adaptation of AD5X's system.

    http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=36935.0

    and

    http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=36511.0

    Phil

    ______________________________________________________________
    AC0OB - A Place where Thermionic Emitters Rule!
     
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  2. IK3UMT

    IK3UMT Ham Member QRZ Page

    I think TBR160 would worth a try , an inverted L would be probably better but it is an antenna more.

    The most common mistake is NOT to plan a (at least) decent groundplane to use with vertical antennas, thus using what you get on your hands at the moment, some wire , some net, some fences, etc
    This leads 80% of hams to despise verticals and the remaining 20% to be happy to work some dx with 90% power wasted in losses but 10% helped by good propagation of the day.
    This is because operators are focused on the brand or model , construction or solution , bells and whistles of commercial antennas, forgetting they are buying only half the antenna system.
    The remaining half, then, is where all the game is played , the ground plane care.
    That's how a zero-cost piece of wire taped on a wood mast over 50 radials performs much better than the latest 500$ vertical over a bunch of radials (and some ground rods...)

    Federico
    ik3umt
     

Share This Page