ZeroFive 43 Foot Vertical SWR Plots

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by AE7F, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
  1. AE7F

AE7F Ham Member QRZ Page

Just playing around with my AA-54 analyzer and could get to the feed point of my ZF 43 foot vertical antenna and thought I'd post some SWR plots of that antenna.

The analyzer was connected to the antenna through a shorter length of RG8U and the supplied UN-UN transformer:

10m
    10m.jpg

12m
    12m.jpg

15m
    15m.jpg

17m
    17m.jpg

20m
    20m.jpg

30m
    30m.jpg

40m
    40m.jpg

80m
    80m.jpg

160m
    160m.jpg

2. K6GB

K6GB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's why I have a remote tuner, I can even load up the Hustler on 17 and 12. I guess the un-un is just to get you close enough for a tuner to handle? Way too short for 160 I reckon.

3. AE7F

AE7F Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, they seem to be a pretty popular antenna so I thought it might be useful to post the graphs. I like it for its strength. It has handled some serious weather. However, it is advertised essentially as an all band antenna, and as you can see, in its default form, it presents some substantial compromises.

Now that I have an analyzer, and since I don't have a remote tuner, I may have to play around with some loading coils for 160/80...

4. W0AAT

W0AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Takeoff angle above 20 meters leaves a lot to be desired too...

5. N0YPD

N0YPD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for posting this.I have a ZF 43,but no analyzer.My mfj 927 remote tuner does a very good job on tuning except for 160.
    007.jpg

6. AE7F

AE7F Ham Member QRZ Page

Indeed. A quick look at the graph shows what your tuner has to deal with on 160...

7. AE7F

AE7F Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes. Maybe I can make this a more suitable antenna for 160/80 and then mostly use it for 160-30. The hex beam covers 20-6 anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.