Zero Activity

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by KA4KOE, Jul 18, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd like to mow in the morning but the dew is so heavy on the grass it makes it too wet to cut. I have to wait until evening when it has all evaporated and the grass is dry.

2. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

I can't even do that; by then, the grass is wet from the daily afternoon thunder shower. Lately, the dew point has been so high that even if we miss the afternoon rain, by 5 PM the grass is once again wet enough to clog up the mower.

I don't think I ever recall such an extended period of high temperatures with so much humidity. Usually it lasts a few days and then we get at least a brief period of relief. Starting about 11 PM last night we had a pour-down that was still going strong when I woke up at 3 AM, and it had slacked off but still raining when I got up at 8 AM. I'm glad I'm on high ground, we'll probably have some local flooding from this.

The ground has stayed muddy here nearly all summer. Usually by mid-July, it's dry as a bone and the ground gets dusty between rains. I haven't even turned on the receiver since the beginning of the month with all the lightning storm activity blanketing most of the continent.

The WX service, for what that's worth, has predicted above-average temperatures all over the country for the next three months. When autumn finally arrives, there is no guarantee we'll get relief from the QRN. This may be another one of those years without a winter, when the summertime QRN just never quite goes away.

3. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

That sucks!