Zenneck Waves - I am having a hard time understanding this tech

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KL7FZ, Feb 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Then that leaves out GW! ;)

2. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think 'theory" can described as a 'concept of operation" or model from which predictions can be made and tested.

3. AC0TP

AC0TP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok, I get it. Your post is pointing out the distinction between the vernacular "theory" and "science theory". Ya gots me. Of course, I didn't actually use the term "science theory" did I?

I was making the distinction between proven and unproven science, or at least attempting to do so.

I wonder how many scientists get up in the morning and talk about how the theoretical light from the sun appears to be warming their face. And there are things like science fact. Nobody talks about the theory of gravity. It's the law of gravity. Not all science concepts are theoretical.

4. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I recall that some years ago Lear (of Learjet) claimed to have found a new "spectrum", but don't think anything came of it.

Claims are cheap.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

5. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually

JAXA announced on 12 March 2015 that they wirelessly beamed 1.8 kilowatts 50 meters to a small receiver by converting electricity to microwaves and then back to electricity. This is the standard plan for this type of power.

On 12 March 2015 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries demonstrated transmission of 10 kilowatts (kW) of power to a receiver unit located at a distance of 500 meters (m) away.

Granted, not 1000's of kM, but a starting point is a starting point.

Franky, I doubt Space-based systems will be allowed as the also look very much like a weapons system. I even wrote lengthy a fiction story about that very issue set.

The topic of the original post was wireless power transmission, and so I posted what I know to be both factual and proven.

I can post photos if you have difficulty in looking this stuff up for yourself.... Like this

[​IMG]
    Japan has a space industry, a quite one, that does a fair amount of basic research in space systems. Most in N/A are unaware that Japan has a heavy lift vehicle system that is both current and in use.

Given the latest issues with nuke power on the island(s) - I can see why they are investing in basic research.

73s
    KL7KN

6. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What was their measured transmission efficiency? If they put in 1.8kW, how much did they get back out at the receiver?
    Well, no, you have a lot of claims. I'm not seeing any actual evidence of success.

AC0TP likes this.
  7. G8ADD

G8ADD Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't you dare!

8. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Didn't Nichola Tesla want to do the same thing about a century+ years ago?

9. KL7FZ

KL7FZ Ham Member QRZ Page

When I was married my wife could send power across the room with just one glance. I could feel the heat and get the message she was sending. I believe this is a well known phenomenon. My cat could do it also. Could these be Zennecks?

W9FTV and N0TZU like this.
  10. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I dunno, but stay clear of the beam!