Zed Net

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC9ECI, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Well maybe you can catch me next time. Lots o Calif stations came on later in the day. I got back on an hour after my first stint and worked another 100 or so stations. Next time I guess :)

Brad

2. KC9ECI

KC9ECI Ham Member QRZ Page

You'll have to let us know the next time you're going to do that on 20M Brad. It was just pure luck that I spotted your call roll across the cluster. Fun stuff though, if there hadn't been such a pile of ops calling you when you came back to me we could have swapped plenty of war stories I'm sure. Maybe next time. Stay low.

3. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Ya, That would be great. I do enjoy sitting and talking as long as there is something to talk about. It is hard to rattle on about the weather too much.

Today the pileups almost seemed ravenous. Wyoming must be precious. However it is interesting to see how I can change the group with the words and the tone of my voice.

When I start getting tired I just start talking differently and saying different words and the group gets smaller and smaller until it vanishes. It is almost like chumming the water for sharks. If you do it right, there are sharks everywhere.

I remember having a pileup going several years ago on 10 meters. I was having lots of fun working 2-3 Qs a minute. My stepdad wanted to get in on the action. I told the pileup I would be letting him take over and let them all know the new callsign. His first 2 calls were crazy busy but it was as if they started to wane a little bit because he was not "putting his heart into it". Within 5 calls the pileup was gone.

I still remember that to this day and it seems to hold true.

Brad

4. KC9ECI

KC9ECI Ham Member QRZ Page

Best pile I ever had was on 6M one afternoon, home for my lunch break from work. I made it back to work a bit late, but it was fun.

5. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

:)
    Well I shall stay tuned in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.