Zed Net

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC9ECI, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KC9ECI

KC9ECI Ham Member QRZ Page

Just added another Zed Poster to my logbook. Brad KC7YRA is creating a small pile up on 14.254 at the time of this post. FYI Brad, right after we signed and you went on to work the next guy, your signal just vanished. Just like someone turned off 20M. I can till hear a bunch of guys calling you though.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  2. KD7MSC

KD7MSC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the heads up. I put him in the log too. It is nice to put a voice to a callsign.

73, Sean

3. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Thanks to all who came and found me.

I operated about 4 hours straight and put 15 DX entities (2 new for me) into the log and several hundred stateside stations. All from just calling 'CQ'.

I eventually had to go to the bathroom and the QRM from an adjacent frequency was too much to be able to hear through. All in all it was a very nice operating time.

2 contacts that stood out (aside from the other Zed netters) were a station in NY who was running 1 watt SSB and got through to me and another was a Belgium station who just appeared out of nowhere at S9+ and came back to me.

Hope to work more "Zed"ers soon,
    Brad

4. W5LDA

W5LDA Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  5. G0GQK

G0GQK Ham Member QRZ Page

As they say, its location, location, location. There are some radio amateurs who have sweated over their rigs for years and never heard a voice from Wyoming. Better get prepared with a portable loo, or a long mike lead when the bands pick up because when stations in Europe hear a WY or a ND or an SD they go wild !

G0GQK

6. KC7YRA

I am trying to convince my wife. She is good with the mini fridge but loo is a little much for her. . . . . . . .YET!

Brad

7. KJ4CMG

KJ4CMG Ham Member QRZ Page

I caught one part where you said you had your antenna pointed towards the south and then a station from I think Oregon called you and then you were gone.

ETA: Is that a mini-14 on your QRZ page?

8. KD7MSC

KD7MSC Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure! Blame the guy in Oregon.:D

9. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Darn I miss all the Good Stuff;
    I was sitting here cleaning my 756, it had become rather skuzzy looking with fingerprints dust and dog nose prints.
    I was even listening on 20 on the 745 at the time.

Poo.

10. KC7YRA

Sorta, It is actually a Mini-30. It is the same mechanism as the mini-14 but it fires a 7.52x39. A little more punch for my woods adventures. Darn bears and mountain lions :D

Unfortunately it was the most inaccurate gun in the history of guns (As is a common problem with that model) so I sold it and bought something else. Much happier with the RRA custom AR-15. ;) The only problem with the AR is that it is too nice to hike and pack on the 4 wheelers so I have taken to carrying an old Russian semi auto rifle that shoots 7.62x54R. If that won't stop Grizz then nothing will.

Brad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.