ZED callsign counter running behind?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W5INC, Jun 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W5INC

W5INC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I looked up F5IN's call a few days ago and glanced at how many pings Mike has received. Going back today I ran his call once again and F5IN's the hit counter hasn't moved. Mr. Mike has a big signal from France and OPs very often on CW, so his hit count should have been higher. At 294K hits, that should tell you something about his signal and presence on the bands.

I have done this on a few other calls and the counter does to be running behind. Anyone else notice this as of yet?

2. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

If you like you can go to your lookup page, edit callsign basic info and change your lookup count to whatever you want.
    You can appear to be the most popular ham on the block!!

VK6APZ, AG5DB, NM9L and 1 other person like this.
  3. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought I read in the TOS doing that was a cornfield offense...

4. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Why would it be? It really means little to nothing anyway.
    If it is something THAT important, why would they put in a line to edit it to whatever you want?? It doesn't make much sense.

5. K3EY

K3EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No it doesn’t make any sense but he’s right it’s in the TOS

6. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Some people measure their (and other's) worth by lookups and likes and views on YouTube.

W5PFG, AG5DB and KD8OSD like this.
  7. W5INC

I have no doubt that F5IN's lookup tally is correct at almost 240K. Big signal, great CW OP and has been very active on the bands for a few decades now. I am sure there are other rare call signs or stations that are very active, that could have possibly more look ups here on the ZED then F5IN. I wonder what call sign has the most callsign look ups here on the Zed?

8. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave Sumner - K1ZZ is over a million and a half and he doesn't seem the type to play with the numbers for notoriety.

9. W5INC

Some use it as a measuring stick on just how active a person is on the bands. Good barometer for that, as call signs that are never heard on the air in any form, won't have many ZED lookup hits, I reckon.

VK6APZ likes this.
  10. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

F5IN was my very first French contact back in 1981 using my DX-60 and Allied AX-190 - worked him again in 1997, again in 2005, and the last time in 2014!!

TERRIFIC CW operator!

Dave
    W7UUU