Zealous lobbyist gets bad reception

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N9POA, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. N9POA

N9POA Ham Member QRZ Page

Many of us in Indiana have been making calls and writing letters to our state representatives to get SB-109 passed to exclude us from local tower ordinances. It may or may not have been making progress, but it probably will not make any progress now. The Indy Star reports on it.

2. KE4PJW

KE4PJW Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow. Some people have no self control.

3. kd5rpo

kd5rpo Ham Member QRZ Page

Bad.....real bad. Makes ham radio operators look like nut cases or terrorists. We already have the problem of many people thinking we are a bit odd.

KD5RPO

4. WA2ZDY

WA2ZDY Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ke4pjw @ April 04 2003,13:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow. Some people have no self control.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That is the most polite way of saying it. I can't say it any more politely. In fact it's all I can do not the email the moron myself. And I don't even live in Indiana! But I did email the reporter to thank him for the balanced reporting.

How often do hams get any good publicity in the press? And even in the context of this story and the buffoon behind it, this reporter managed to include some positive aspects of ham radio. Every one of us should thank the reporter for at least that!

5. K3SAM

K3SAM Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But I did email the reporter to thank him for the balanced reporting.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Good show. I followed up and emailed Speaker Bauer, makes me want to go back to using handles. What was N9KT thinking ? I hope the good Speaker of Indiana will see that we are not all like Mr. Spoelstra.

-Sam

6. N9POA

N9POA Ham Member QRZ Page

I should add that the link to that news story was brought to my attention by KC9CCG

N9POA

7. KG4RRM

KG4RRM Ham Member QRZ Page

I sent him an email also. Couldn't think of much to say. Hopefully it will get the point across.

8. KG4RRM

KG4RRM Ham Member QRZ Page

Got this reply from him. Maybe the damage was not as bad as we first though. time will tell.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks. The good news for you is that Sen. Rose Ann Antich wants to try to
    amend it into a House bill pending before the Senate next week. And House
    Speaker Bauer says he wanted to send a strong message, but seems willing to
    take a look at it again.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

9. WA2ZDY

WA2ZDY Guest

RRM beat me to it.  I just got the same response from the Indy Star reporter.  My response from Mr. Corcoran also included one more line that RRM does not include (most likely that's because this developed after RRM received his reply):  &quot; Also, Mr. Spoelstra has emphatically apologized today to the speaker's aides.&quot;

That is indeed good news.  Now maybe some comments, preferably from Indiana residents, addressed to Senator Antich, expressing concern, regrets for the actions of N9KT (use his name in any email, not his ham call),  and giving supporting reasons why hams are volunteer public service providers.

10. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder what kind of protest N9KT will stage when the Colts leave for their new home in Los Angeles next year.

HAW!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.