Z100Pro Auto Tuner

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by KB3SKU, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KB3SKU

KB3SKU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi i just got my Auto turner today and i was wondering if it would be safe to hook the power part to the same Power supply as my radio. Its a SEC 1223 23A Switching Power Supply. Same goes for my SWR meter i just got today,it needs power to have the back light on.

If this is a silly question i do apologize but i rather be safe than sorry,i dont want to blow anything so instead of just trying it id rather get help from one of you experts.

Thank you in advance for the help.

2. AI4NS

AI4NS Ham Member QRZ Page

Go for it. You want to have all of your stuff connected to a common power source if possible. Reduces the chance of loops, etc that can cause noise and other problems. What do you have for an antenna, how is it installed, how far away, how high, etc? What kind of tuner? We can help you get set up for maximum fun, minimum pain if you provide the info.
    Mike
    AI4NS

3. KB3SKU

I have 6m,20m,10m and soon as Universal radio gets there stock in they will be sending me a 40m Shark "mini" HF Antenna. I also have a Hustler magmount for the antennas that i put on the radiator.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamantm/2083.html

thats the link to the antennas btw. And yes i do know its not the best but its all i can do at the moment.

For the 2m/440 side of my radio i use a 2m/440 antenna with mag mount on the radiator.

Both are about 30 - 35 feet away from me and the radio.

I have the 897D so ya know.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  4. K4PP

K4PP Ham Member QRZ Page

You can run the AT off the same power supply. I actually did that with my 897D and LDG Z-11 pro because it draws very little current. I mounted my Z-11 pro to a bracket on the radio and built an intermediate cable that goes from the FP-30 PS to the radio and tuner. Forgive the lettering in the pic, it was taken through a mirror.

K4PRP

5. KB3SKU

sorry for such a late reply.

thanks for the info. :)

oops the tuner i got is the LDG Z-100 Plus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.