Z-11 Pro and Icom 746 Pro

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KH6OWL, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KH6OWL

KH6OWL Guest

I've searched the forum area and google as well. I got a Z-11 Pro today and hooked it up to my Icom 746 Pro today, as per the manual.

I can't get it to work. No lights when I press the tune button on the Z11, no noise out of the Z11 and the radio does not do anything. I've tried both ANT 1 and ANT 2 connections on the radio and switched the ANT on the rig to match the port on the rear. I hooked up the gray cable for the Z11, one end to the radio and power port on the Z11 and the other end to the connector on the back of the radio.

I have an antenna hooked up to it as well. I have tried a 6M antenna, a 40 meter antenna and also a Hi-Q Antenna but no luck.

Any suggestions?

2. N4CR

N4CR Ham Member QRZ Page

Can you tell if the tuner is getting power?

3. NO6O

NO6O Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

As with the previous poster, confirm that you have power. If it is getting power, try resetting it, by pressing "FUNC" + "C DN" + "TUNE" simultaneously. The LEDs should flash in sequence from right to left (red to green).

Are you powering it from the radio or from another DC source?

---Michael

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  4. KJ4PLT

KJ4PLT Ham Member QRZ Page

are you running it off batteries or off a power supply?

5. KH6OWL

KH6OWL Guest

Power

Iam running it off of power from the radio plug in the back of the IC 746Pro. I've tried resetting it, I don't get any flashes of any LED's. I put a volt meter on it and got nothing. But I don't use a voltage meter often so probally didn't do that right.

6. KJ4PLT

put some batteries in it and see if it will light up when you key the radio. think the instructions said at least 3 seconds.

7. KH6OWL

KH6OWL Guest

Batteries

I have the battery pack but will have to find someone who can solder it in for me.

8. KJ4PLT

the battery pack isnt installed from the factory? thats kinda lame. how about the power cable and hooking that up to your power supply?

9. KH6OWL

KH6OWL Guest

The power cable is hooked into the back of the radio in the tuner control socket.

10. KJ4PLT

just looked at the manual again. i dont understand why it doesnt have a separate 12v power cable AND radio interface cable. you dont happen to have a 12v wall wart with a like connector floating around do ya?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.