ad: Schulman-1

Youtube Embed in my QRZ Page dont work

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by DD6FM, May 27, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. DD6FM

DD6FM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

hello,

I'm trying to embed a YouTube video on my page. but the video is always played externally, not on my site. I click the YouTube icon in the editor at the top and then copy the YouTube embed code in. What am I doing wrong?

Marco DD6FM

2. EB1BSV

EB1BSV Volunteer / Dx Helper/ Moderator / Lifetime Member Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hello Marco, DD6FM, nice to meet you,

Vlad UA6JD will be happy to help you in short.

Thank you.

73, Julio

3. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

4. DD6FM

DD6FM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. W8CGR

W8CGR Ham Member QRZ Page

As someone already posted, this 600972 link seems dead, therefore there is no solution to be found. I too have a similar problem: my "embedded" You Tube vid on my Bio page goes straight to You Tube external site and does not play within the QRZ Bio page. Then the viewer is stuck on You Tube site.
    Other threads I have searched do not offer solutions, and if they do, they are not being shared so all can learn the fix. If you have a solution/fix, please share it for all as it may be simple.
    If you need it, the imbed code to my video is pasted below:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It stays here properly in this post, but on the Bio page it goes to You Tube site.
    Thanks!

6. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I try now and it work in my end https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/qrz-service-update-biography-pages.600972/

Anyway it is QUOTE from first post

you can play with CSS/HTML to take your Youtube video looks good (as example look W0AAA QRZ page)

7. W8CGR

W8CGR Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your response, and for the great example of the W0AAA page! His vids go off the QRZ page directly to the You Tube site, so I must have done it correctly enough.
    Thanks again, and 73...!