YouTube / Computer Guru Needed

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by W2BBQ, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. N3WPH

N3WPH Ham Member QRZ Page

Xilisoft YouTube Video Converter Works with music to I use it and it work great.

2. N3WPH

N3WPH Ham Member QRZ Page

Xilisoft YouTube Video Converter Works with music to I use it and it works great.

3. KJ4ITQ

KJ4ITQ Ham Member QRZ Page

To understand how to do this you need to understand how files work. First, a program is just another file on your hard drive which contains computer code so the processor runs it. A program can open any file it was designed to open. There are different types of files; sound files like MP3 and WAV, document files like DOC and TXT... etc. To open a sound file, say, an MP3 file, you can use any program you want that is designed to open this type of file. So, RealPlayer can open it, QuickTime, Windows Media, or any of the many other ones. So, you just need to open RealPlayer then open the file through RealPlayer. If you want the file moved into a different folder on your hard drive so that it resides with the other sound files, you will use Windows Explorer (the program that is open whenever you are looking in a folder). You will need to know what folder you downloaded to, though. Hope this helps.

4. KA9VQF

KA9VQF Ham Member QRZ Page

BBQ,

If you are downloading from You Tube and already have ‘Real Player’ on your machine, when you have the video on your screen there should be a little pop up box at the top of the You Tube vid screen that says ‘Download This Video‘.

If you don’t have that go to the Tools tab in your browser and find the line that says Manage add-ons and click on that. Now find the lines for your Real Player add on and enable it if it is not. More than likely it is not enabled.

Now that you have made sure it is enabled open your real player. In the upper left hand corner of the real player screen is a Real Player button you need to click on, that will open a drop down box with options, go to the line that says ‘Preferences’ and click on it, this will open yet another box.

Go to the line that says ‘Downloading & Recording’ check the appropriate boxes. Now go to You Tube and see if the ‘Download this Video’ tab is on the screen. If it is click on it. This opens yet another box on your screen that shows the download progress, Once the vid is downloaded you have the option to convert it to several types of media, I use the mp3 only option.

After it is converted to mp3 it just shows up in Windows Media Player 11 for me. I can use iTunes, Real Player, or Windows Media Player or one of the other CD burning software packages I have on the different computers here to burn it to a disk if I want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.