ad: FlagAnt-1

YouTube and QRZ hosts flash

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by N2MHI, Oct 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N2MHI

N2MHI Ham Member QRZ Page

Earlier this year there were changes to what could be done on Bio pages with iframes and embedding. I used to have a YouTube livestream channel in an iframe that autostart in mute mode. I can embed a specific video but not a the live stream which changes if the stream is restarted. The autoplay and mute options are also not working. Below is the line that used to work with the part that no longer supported in QRZ bolded.

I also had the remotehams.com web control flash embedded so people could tune the radio. The flash file was saved as file on QRZ to handle the security in browser with non local flash. Below is the HTML that was working prior to the QRZ changes.

These two items made it convient to point to how to monitor their signal. It would seem the YouTube should be possible. It would be great if the remotehams locally saved Flash could work too but understand Flash has its issues.

YouTube LiveStream Channel embedding:

<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="409" scrolling="no" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/live_stream?channel=UCdbi90S3UW5kiJZ9uHS-Hwg&amp;autoplay=1&amp;mute=1" width="640"></iframe>

Remoteham Flash control HTML:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" height="400" width="640"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="movie" value="/hampages/n2mhi/Radio.swf?OrbId=9313&amp;Username=&amp;Password=&amp;PassEnc=true" /><embed allowfullscreen="true" height="400" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" quality="high" src="/hampages/n2mhi/Radio.swf?OrbId=9313&amp;Username=&amp;Password=&amp;PassEnc=true" width="640"></embed></object>

2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Lots of things will no longer work in bio pages. Autoplay has never been aloud in bio pages, it must be turned off.

Your best bet is to use a screen shot and link it to your video or live stream.

help1.jpg

UA6JD likes this.
  3. N2MHI

Autoplay and mute along with the other options were allowed until the changes earlier this year. As mentioned the embedding no longer supports live stream channel which makes the embedding a live stream pointless since the page would need to be updated each time the stream is restarted.

It seems the youtube and flash edit buttons should be removed since they no longer have any real value.

4. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

help1.jpg

5. N2MHI

That is audio (sound or music). I had it set to start the video in a muted state and it worked until the change this year. It also worked for a live stream link to the channel which is no longer working.