ad: Amateur-1

Youth Roll call

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KM4SII, Sep 14, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. KM4SII

KM4SII Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought the youth forum could use some livening up so here we go.

I have seen roll calls like this on other forums so I figured I'd give it a go here on QRZ.

Any youth on QRZ.com please post (if you wish) your Name, Callsign, Age, License class, and favorite ham radio activity.

I'll go first....

NAME: Mason
    CALL: KM4SII
    LICENSE CLASS: General (studying for my extra)
    FAVORITE HAM ACTIVITY: DXing and Contesting

If you wish, you can add additional Info.

73 de KM4SII - Mason

MI0YLT and K9ASE like this.
  2. KM4SII

Also, I should add, If you are the parent of a youth operator you can post for them.

73 de KM4SII - Mason

3. KM4SII

Also, I completely understand if you do not feel comfortable posting this information on the web, especially with some of the people in today's world.

I just don't want to cause any alarm, especially after reading the online safety for kids thread.

4. KG5HVO

KG5HVO Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Mason!

NAME: Bryant
    CALL SIGN: KG5HVO
    LICENSE CLASS: General (Studying when I can for the Extra)
    FAVORITE HAM ACTIVITIES: Contesting, DXing, and home brewing antennas

I just wanted to let you know that it was fun working you on 40m last Sunday. I wish we could have had a longer QSO but don't have a good 40m antenna... I was using a 20m dipole tuned to 40m. Have in the hobby! 73 and good DX- Bryant KG5HVO

K9ASE likes this.
  5. KM4SII

Thanks for the reply Bryant.... I'm glad we could make contact. I saw you spotted on 20m but could not hear you. Hopefully we can have a longer QSO under better band conditions!

73 de KM4SII - Mason

6. KG5HVO

Do you have echolink available? If so, there is a youth net here in LA that is on echolink.

7. KM4SII

Yes I do.... what time/day/node? Also, do you check into the YACHT Echolink youth net.... I can't remember if I have heard you check in or not.

8. KG5HVO

The youth net that I try to check in to is Thursdays at 00:00 UTC on W5DDL-R (370324). No, I have not checked in to the YACHT net, please pass along the info.

9. KG5HVO

Just to let you know,Mason, I was the week station calling you this evening on 40m. Feel free to shoot me QSL card for our last contact, I will shoot you in return.

10. KM4SII

It is on the W8PIF-R at 7 PM CST on Saturdays. There is usually 10 to 20 youth that check in. Thanks for trying again on 40m tonight... sorry I could not hear you any better.

73 de KM4SII