ad: QSLcardEU-1

Youth qso party

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KG7HBY, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KG7HBY

KG7HBY Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey everyone
    My name is Sam, and I am 10. I live Nevada. There are a few kids here who are hams and I know there are more out there. Let's get on the air and have a QSO party. I am just kicking it and would like to talk with other kids who like ham radio. My best antenna is a 15 meter beam and I can talk any time. I like electronics and digital modes.

Write back if wanna get on the air. LET'S DO IT!!!!

Sam
    Kg7hby

2. KK4RUT

KK4RUT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Sam!
    My name is Zack, I am 16 and live in Virginia. I would love to have a QSO with you! just give me a frequency a time and where and I can probably make it. I love meeting other young hams! we may or make not be able to hit each other but I am willing to try!

3. KG7HBY

HI Zack,
    I also got a reply on eham.net from KD2AJN in New York. He wants to join us in the QSO party, so I will write him too. Will Thursday afternoon work for you? I can go anytime that 15 opens. Friday will also work for me. Let's hope we get lots more to join.
    Sam

4. KK6AXQ

KK6AXQ Ham Member QRZ Page

My name is Lukas I am 12 and I live in Michigan, I would be willing to do a qso with you on 20 Meters or 10 Meters but I don't have an antenna for ten meters.
    Thanks and 73's
    Lukas
    KK6AXQ/8

5. 2W0WOD

2W0WOD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Sam my name is Will and I am 11 years old and would love a qso on HF! I live in Aberystwyth Wales and my call is MW6WOD give me a freq and time and I will benon email me at foelallt1@talktalk.net to reply! 73 will

6. KG7HBY

Hi everyone, looks like not everyone can go on 15 meters on HF. So, I'm going to go to my elmer's shack and I'll use 20 meters. The freq. will be 14.235 and if that freq. is taken then i will post what the new freq. will be. Also, I'll post as soon as i get on freq. to confirm that i'm on. I'll call with my call (KG7HBY) for the youth QSO party. Pacific Standard Time will be at 11:00 am. Write me if you have any questions at samcase123@hotmail.com or post to here. Hope everyone can make it!
    Sam

7. KK4RUT

Hey everyone, I just had a great idea! how about we all start a youth net! hopefully everyone can attend, and we can all talk about each others involvement in radio, and just have fun! either way we all can come up with a script and have a net during the week and rotate control operators between everyone that wants to be a control op. what does everyone think about that???

8. KG7HBY

Zack,
    I think that it is an awesome idea about the net! I'll try and find out how to get one started. Let's talk about it on Friday.

9. KK4RUT

Alright! Ooh hey is the meet up with everyone tomorrow or Friday?

10. KG7HBY

Hey Everyone
    Let's hold the party on Friday. 20 meters on 14.235 should work. I am hoping propagation will be good. I'll post this on eham.net too. Thanks! Sam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.