Youth Net

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Guest, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

The band was good last night, I got all of you in. It was nice to chat! Merideth, how about 1800 UTC on Saturday we try 14.240, same specs. as the net, move up or down 5 mHz if the frequency is busy. Up first. Sound good?

2. KB1LQD

KB1LQD Ham Member QRZ Page

just my 2 cents here but should we move the net upo to 14.340 or something like NAYN was so that we dont have the qrm problems and dealing with thoses guys on 240, it would really work out bnetter than the skipping around like we did friday...

BTW, make sure you ask if the frequency is in use, the net is not privledged to have that frequency, so if someone has it first they dont have to move....

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I think we should stick to our frequency. Spread the news on the contacts you make and tell them to do the same. Soon the net will be known and QRM might cease (at least a bit). Lets give it a while.

4. KG4KXD

KG4KXD QRZ Member QRZ Page

I have to agree with this. I couldn't hear you guys over the other people on. I got "is this frequency in use every min. or so from peple coming in a LOT louder than you guys.

5. KB1LQD

listen, im not trying to be a jerk but "We" were the qrm last night. they had the frequency, plus, theres not as many people up above .300 so not only is their less chance of not having the freq taken and less qrm to deal with which ='s easier contacts.....

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I guess so. I have been listening and .240 is way too busy, I am with you guys. Lets take it to 14.340.

7. KB1LQD

ok, cool, well, first lets jsut make sure that the county hunters net doesnt qrm us, i think they are on 14.346 or 336.... they are all pretty much 24/7

8. Guest

Guest Guest

That shouldn't be a problemo. Typically the normal SSB bandwidth is 2.4 kHz I think.

9. KB1LQC

KB1LQC Guest

True, however sometimes when someone runs high power and overmodulates the SSB signal there will be excessive splatter so precautions should be taken. So whether its us or someone else QRMing we have to be careful. I recently hooked my rig up to the oscilloscope to check its modulation and mabye later to the spectrum analyzer. The scope helped me get the right or at least hopefully close to the needed gain and other settings.

Most of you dont have access to a scope but i can help if anyone wants, usually there are amateurs in the area you live in that can help you out. Even on the air with another station listening with an oscilloscope has been done!

Though usually not a problem it is a very important issue if anyone runs a linear amplifier.

Thanks
    Bryce
    KB1LQC

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Good point, well we can adjust accordingly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.