ad: hrd-2

Youth Net

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Guest, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB1LQD

KB1LQD Ham Member QRZ Page

ok, well if you dont have an 80m antenna, lets figure out what to do then without 80m.... theres already YAEN Young Amature Echolink Net.... lets stick to RF, why not 20m but on a time that the band is reletivily open... like 7pm est which is 2300 UTC, although I get outa work at 6pm, Im not sure how daylight savings time will affect that..... but 2300 utc is right after sunset, the bands still got some life to it. let me know what you think and how your schedual lies onto this time

2. KB1LVM

KB1LVM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds Good to me but what day and what frequency?
    [​IMG]

3. Guest

Guest Guest

How about this, we do the net 14.240 at 2300 UTC on Fridays. The alternate frequency if the band is dead will be 7.240, 40 meters LSB. If any of our frequencies are busy move up 5 mHz (14.245 and 7.245). If that doesn't work then move down 5 mHz (14.235 and 7.235). If that still is busy, just listen around for one of our calls. Sound good? Lets hear your suggestions.

4. KB1LVM

Sounds great I'm so happy everything is all cleared up. I am sooooooooo excited!!! can't wait to talk to you guys and girls too!
    Count me in tak to you on Friday!!! [​IMG]
    Merideth
    KB1LVM

5. KG4KXD

KG4KXD QRZ Member QRZ Page

Sweet. Ill be there. That reminds me that I need to call the FCC and ask them why I am still missing credit for a test I took over a month ago...

6. KB1LQD

KB1LQD Ham Member QRZ Page

That might be a good idea [​IMG]

anyways, I thinks 2300 utc is 7pm and I get out of work at 6, so I should make it. but if I dont ill try to catch the tail end of the net!

7. KB1LVM

Heard you Duncan Lost you around 23:17 UTC Had a lot of fun talking to you for that minute or so. If you want we could try doing same time same place Saturday night, write me back with your answer.
    KB1LVM
    Merideth

8. KG4KXD

KG4KXD QRZ Member QRZ Page

I think I got signed in, but KC0VVU came in really weak. I think I heard KB1LVM sign in too. I heard something about going SSTV on 14.230 mhz, and then I got a bunch of other people dropping in on our freq. who must have been runnign legal limit linears, because they drowned everything else out. I gave up trying to listen to you guys because with the audio set high enough to hear KC0VVU the other people came in increadibly loudly.

Merideth, want to try 80 sometime?

Ryan

9. KY0DZ

KY0DZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I was just reading a youth page on ARRL.org ... and they mentioned
    Try the Young Amateur EchoLink Net (YAEN) by checking in with net control, Michael Braun, N3CA, on the WASH_DC Conference server, node 6154, Fridays at 9 PM Eastern.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yaen/
    "Echolink Net, meets at 9 pm Eastern Fridays on the WASH_DC conference server, node 6154. It's geared towards young amateur radio operators, but we welcome all young at heart." From Yahoo Group Page

10. KC0TLH

KC0TLH Ham Member QRZ Page

O.K. Sounds good, if thats right, see you Next Friday.

73's Alex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.