Youth Net

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Guest, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
  1. KB1LQD

KB1LQD Ham Member QRZ Page

ok, tried to check in but heard nothing, gave a few calls out, i think we should just move to say 80m if we can find a spot away from everyone, that would be pretty reliable...

2. KY0DZ

KY0DZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Duncan News from the JCRAC(145.290 in Kansas City Area) repeater... "There were several people trying but you couldn't here them... and your signal was hard to read"

KC0YDZ

3. KG4KXD

KG4KXD QRZ Member QRZ Page

Yep, our freq. was occupied untill about 1:03UTC. I called cq at about 1:15UTC, no responce. There was some other net on .244 that I almost signed into, but they were calling an awaful lot of people to be our net. I think we ought to stick to 20, just move the net down the band a bit where it is less crowded. Mabey try .300mhz?

4. KB1LQD

well the problem is that the band isnt in a position to support our locations, some of us are in new england, some in kansas... and at 9 pm on 20m the band is pretty dead, but 80 can be really reliable, we just need to find a clear spot away from everyone

5. KG4KXD

Lotta band noise on 80 tho, and it stays pretty local/regional until the ionisphere cools off araound here. Not too big a problem in the UK at 1UTC, but a big problem for thoes ofus state side.

6. KB1LQD

well, yes there will be alota noise but the signals will be up as well, The lower frequency you are the longer ground wave propagaton you have, and some of us are really close. we should try 80m, I think it might be not as "DX'y" but it woiuld definatly be reliable for at least the east coast and eastern mid america

7. KG4KXD

Very well. Pick a freq. and we will see what happens. We should pick an alternate too, incase the one we pick is occupied.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

i dont have a antenna for 80 is the problem. this may seem un-authentic but get echolink and try a net on that. the band is actaully lively at that time in my neck of the woods, at least sometimes.

9. KB1LVM

KB1LVM Ham Member QRZ Page

WHAT FREQUENCY!!! I'm so confused!

10. KG4KXD

You aren't the only one.

I still think we should stick to 20m, just have a primary and alternate net frequency. We all have the equipment, it is just a matter of getting on empty bandwdth and calling the net.

Echolink seems to be a PITA to register your lisence with, and I do not have an official copy of my general class ticket to send out yet (only the csces), and an old address is on my tech ticket...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.