Youth in the UK

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by MM0KFX, Jun 23, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. MM0KFX

MM0KFX Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all,

To those youngsters who are in the UK, you may or may not know that the RSGB (Radio Society of Great Britain) now has a formal Youth Committee. The committee's aims are to represent the views of young licensed amateurs in the UK and support the growth of young amateurs.

Find out more here: http://rsgb.org/main/about-us/committees/youth-committee/

Additionally, membership of the RSGB is free if you are under 18 and free if you are under 25 in full time education. There is no reason not to join!

We have also now established a Club - The UK Radio Youth Club. The aim of the Youth Club is to focus on the "Operating" side of the hobby and we hope to take part in many Contests and Special Events.

www.qrz.com/db/M0RYC

If you have any questions, or would like to get involved, please just send me a PM or e-mail:
    MM0KFX@GM6NX.com

EDIT: Of course, we are also happy to help even if you are not in the UK. Our aim is to increase youth participation in general. So, get in touch!

73!
    Adam
    MM0KFX
    RSGB Youth Committee Assistant Chairman

M6RSY likes this.
  2. MI0YLT

MI0YLT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi guys Summer 2i0ylt 14 years, me and my younger sister Grace 2i0gyl just turned 12, will be operating in the lighthouses on the air contest with lagan valley amateur radio club, we will be on Rathlin island operating from 2 lighthouses
    Photo is of me working a real big gun station hihi down at grey point fort amateur radio society.
    Ps i always operate check out my log book 23,000 look ups, over 1200 contacts all since 3rd of january 2015 and have been top of QRZ quite a few times i would have had approx 2500 contacts includind my mi6 call sign and could you please please click on my web contacts want to get a yl in top 26
    Hope to work you on the air 73's byeee

3. MI0YLT

Here's a wee video of us on rathlin island with lagan valley amateur radio society during light houses on the air gb2rel we were also with them operating in the vhf field day in the dromara hills.

4. 2E0MLJ

2E0MLJ Subscriber QRZ Page

All good work there Summer! Keep it up :) 73, Mike, RSGB Youth Coordinator.

MI0YLT likes this.
  5. MI0YLT

Hi Mike,
    Thanks for the niceee comments
    Yes Rathlin was great fun, will be back next year at the minute have too much school work too play radio :(

6. MI0YLT

Here's me and my sister Grace working the YOTA station gi15yota at mid Ulster amateur radio club, I worked 315 stations and Grace my sister worked 50 stations, not bad for a 12 year old. We really enjoyed it sooooo much
    image.jpg

N2EY likes this.
  7. MI0YLT

I worked a 173 stations on St Patrick's day 2016 operating under my own callsign as a St pats award station under very bad conditions.
    I got listed on the dx cluster 23 times was top of QRZ hot call signs several times
    Was told I was the strongest station on the bands I don't think any other station in region 8 worked more stations on St Patrick's day 2016
    I was the strongest last year as well under even worse conditions
    But was really looking American stations to get my worked all states award finished of but because of conditions this didn't happen
    It was good fun really enjoyed it
    Here's a thought why can't us keen dx youngsters get shorter callsigns surely a few should have been set a side for the youth to give us a fighting chance there's enough of them not being claimed by the grown up full callsigns.
    73's Summer

8. MI0YLT

I have just passed the UK advanced exam at 15 years new call is mi0ylt

MM6ECO, KM4SII, KB0HVB and 1 other person like this.
  9. KB0HVB

KB0HVB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations Summer!

Never stop learning and applying your knowledge and skill. :)

10. MI0YLT

already started learning for a vhf marine licence so i am ahead of you thank you very much for the congratulations

KB0HVB likes this.