Youth ham net

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KD8EPC, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K0DXC

K0DXC Ham Member QRZ Page

You might (probably are) be new to this whole HF thing but I really don't suggest you use a wire antenna for the net control station. Find some kid who has a beam or at least a vertical. If you use a wire half the stations won't be able to hear you.

2. KU0DM

KU0DM Guest

He can use a wire, but will need to be more careful about choosing the timing of when we have the best state-side, or good band. condx, etc. and having relay stations that can hear each other. None of them necessarily need to hear NC, as long as a check-in can be relayed to and from wherever the destination is.

3. KB3LAZ

KB3LAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Unless its on 75m because Id like to see that beam.:D

4. KD8EPC

KD8EPC Ham Member QRZ Page

well hmm i dont know i tryed calling for a net but heard noone i guess we will try again next week?

5. KB1LQD

KB1LQD Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, I totaly missed the net! sorry! Had some other things I had to do yesterday... Will try again next weekend!

6. N3IK

N3IK Ham Member QRZ Page

How about calling frequencies for young hams on all of the bands. that way we could meet and ragchew anytime. Nets are fun but they require you to be on at certain times. With calling frequencies we could call cq youth or something and know we have a good chance of speaking to someone who has similar interest

Lars KB3QLG/at

7. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

well I am game if you guys are going to have the net on sunday..
    I am only a little QRP station now so you big guns better get some headphones lmao

8. KD8EPC

KD8EPC Ham Member QRZ Page

hmm ill be there Sunday hopefully ill hear someone?

9. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

hopefully you will hear me!

I wish someone would sked with me on CW some day..
    I dont know what it is.. but I havent touched the mike for a while!
    guess something kicked cause copying 20WPM aint to hard anymore?

10. K0DXC

K0DXC Ham Member QRZ Page

No...

You always want the net control station to be the strongest one out there. If there has to be a relay for every check-in that gets to be a mess and the net is rundown by callers.

Yes, it may work; but no, it's not practical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.