ad: elecraft

Youth ham net

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KD8EPC, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. KB1LQD

KB1LQD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hows the status of a possible youth net?

2. W9MAV

W9MAV Ham Member QRZ Page

I was thinking about a youth net on hf I asked on eham and all I got where negative replies!

Go for it emali me at capnlightning@gmail.com

I am a youth op 12 yo and you will find me on 20m every day just got to tune around!

3. KD8EPC

KD8EPC Ham Member QRZ Page

hmm

well weve got a small group but at any rate its a group not much activity on the yahoo group more here. Ive available almost all the time with the exception of the hours of 6-9 pm when im at the farm im capable of 80,40, and 20, most of what i do is on 80 but im open for any bad ive also got 10 meter but i don't think that would work for a net across the country. So im going to suggest we start a net lets say Sunday evenings if that's alright with everyone im open cuz i don't work on Sundays we could start this net around 8:30 or 9:00 Eastern time? I have no experience with being net control so whoever wants to do that let me know. If possible we need to all be in contact online so if the band conditions arent good or the frequency we decide on is occupied. I have aim, msn, and yahoo so i can stay in contact with pretty much everyone. Someone suggest a frequency and we will be good to go my contact information is aim = KD8EPC msn = chong199@hotmail.com and yahoo = chong_cdx199@yahoo.com ive also got a phone number if youve got no messengers send me an email if you need that. Lets get this thing going guys. :)

4. KD8EPC

youve got an email kc9mav

5. W9MAV

Everyone Is involved!

I think through emails that I have done with kc8edc that it should be a general purpose/youth net.

Remember this is HF a whole bunch of people are on it.

I have been requested to type the net script as an outline I think 40m would be the best choice not to active but some active probably meet at around 7.270 to 7.280 not exact frequency yet.

But if we had a net controls in different areas in the states central areas KC9MAV & KD8EDC. Then have more volunteers to assist for check ins.

Dustin email me when you want to meet up before the net on aim my screen name is kc9mav in lower case.

KC9MAV

6. KD8EPC

we will be having the net on 40 meters because myself and kc9mav have confirmed we can communicate that way. Any other stations that would like to help with check ins email me or kc9mav thanks we have not set up a final frequency or time yet but will in the next day or 2 :):). we will keep you all posted on that info

7. KB3LAZ

KB3LAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

So it would seem that this net has finally become a reality.
    This is a very good thing and I am waiting to talk to you all on the air.
    On average I talk with people 3x may age so it will be nice to have involvement with amateurs more along my age range, lol. I do not have my beam up yet so I will not make a very good relay but Ill do what I can, lol. This will give me a great opportunity to try out my new toy, Icom 756proIII:D. As of right now I am working off of an inverted V about 20ft in the air. However some day soon I will have my beam up and a KW to go with it.:cool:
    Hope to catch ya all on the air, but until then 73.

8. W0EA

W0EA Ham Member QRZ Page

So if I'm not mistaken, the consensus is Sunday evenings at or around 02:00z on 40m near 7.270 LSB.

I already volunteered to be net control, I've run nets before and its no challenge, you'll all be able to do it before too long! I'm in Iowa so probably the most centrally located, though I doubt that will help much since we'll all be running barefoot with wire antennas. As long as we can relay, we'll be just fine.

9. KD8EPC

Alright so its agreed we will be having the net on Sunday Evenings on 7.270 LSB. Is eveyone in agreement with this because im game?

10. W9MAV

Ok If you want I can type a net script/outline,

We should probably have some vertically polarized which could be me our if someone has a really good wire antenna.

The person in Iowa you should get a aol screen name so we could meet up on hf . Me and KD8EDC did that my screen name is kc9mav and I am usually online.

KC9MAV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.