Youth ham net

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KD8EPC, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD8EPC

KD8EPC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello fellow youth hams. I have been doing a lot of HF lately and havnt really heard any youth hams. I was wondering if any of you would like to have an HF net on 20 40 or 80 meters? Well let me know if you are interested. 73 de kd8epc

2. KU0DM

KU0DM Guest

We could try more of a round-table, so we can be more flexible with scheduling?

With summer coming up, maybe 20 meters around noon?

Anyone else with thoughts?

3. KD8EPC

yea

that would work for me i do my stuff on the farm mostly in the evening so that would be fine with me. what does everyone else think?

4. VO1GXG

VO1GXG Ham Member QRZ Page

late evening on 80,20 or 17 is best for most youth's.

5. KB3LAZ

KB3LAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Youth net would be cool.

6. KB1LQD

KB1LQD Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds good, but follow through with it!

Hey! Sounds great that a group of you want to start an HF net! Just an FYI, I'm not sure how many of you were around for NYAN (North American Youth Net). I was active in it on its tail end, it kinda died as HF went down with the sunspot cycle. It was a group that had a yahoo group, net preamble, and so on.... I'd love to see a full fledged effort that meets weekly again! I'll help where I can. Find a frequency that works, since you might not get it the first time, I'd recommend getting everyones AIM screenname and making a temporary chat so that you can coordinate better without the confusion of not being able to hear eachother. Throughout my experience with building, and rebuilding clubs, planning is everything! Plan it all out and make sure everyone knows whats happening and you'll be on your way to a good net!

7. KD8EPC

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  8. KC0PNH

KC0PNH Guest

9. KC8ZGW

KC8ZGW Ham Member QRZ Page

Youth net would be cool. As long as it's not in the evening... I work then.

10. KB3LAZ

KB3LAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Weekends would be great because in the school year Im in class during the week. As for the summer I work afternoons, gotta pay for college some how, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.