ad: w5yi

Youth Election

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KC0WTS, Oct 25, 2008.

?

Who's Your Presidential Pick?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2008.
  1. McCain-Palin; I'm 18 or older

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Obama-Biden; I'm 18 or older

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  3. McCain-Palin; I'm under 18

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Obama-Biden; I'm under 18

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KB1LQD

KB1LQD Ham Member QRZ Page

haha some of us wonder a bit about some of these as well...

but, growing up in the US I've experienced a lot, and I have also taken many classes on foreign policy and the relations between the US and others. First, Just as many Americans view the outside world as what we see in the news or media, people outside America view us as they see on the media! I know many people that have traveled to other countries to find that once your outside the tourism and such, many countries are different than you'd expect from watching TV and the news. That goes the same way for America, there are many foreign students in my classes, especially my current politics of developing nations course. So please keep that in mind that although you hear about school shootings and such, it is not the "normal" thing over here, but when one incident does happen, that is the only thing you hear about for weeks!

My second point pertains to the perception that the US wants to invade everyone that will not become "western".... Not true, Every nation wants to keep it's interests and it's people safe. America is not the only country that does this, China, India, Pakistan, Russia.... they all do it. It could be said that Russia or any other country is doing the same. No matter what any nation does, there will always be controversy, it's a fact of International Relations. Who's right? Who started it? What defines "Right" or "Just"? people will have a different views. This leads me into the last point, the difference between the American Government and the American People. Yes, the goverment has generally the same views as the People, but they can differ. It is well known that There is a difference on certain views, and always has been through the US's inception, between the government and the people. It may be that 50.1 percent of Americans agree on something, but that leave 49.9 Percent believing in the opposite. So is it right to say that all American believe the same thing?

Ok, I dont want that turning into a rant.... just trying to say a few points and point out that America isn't this big bad aggressor of everyone. Every nation will strive for it's own self interest. Hopefully, everyone will work together to create a multinational system work.

thanks,
    Brent

2. KC0WTS

KC0WTS Ham Member QRZ Page

In the US we can vote on more than two parties, however, the Republicans and Democrats are the two popular parties. And why someone would want to own a gun? It's kinda of hard to hunt without a gun (and don't mention using a bow because that only works for certain things).

3. W9MAV

W9MAV Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you know why McCain won the southern states?

4. K3ACE

K3ACE Guest

Let me ask you a question. Do you know why 95% (or so) of African Americans voted for Barack Obama?

Not very fair is it?

5. KU0DM

KU0DM Guest

"Or So"....

Is that a +/- 5% "or so" or a +/- 10% "or so"? It can only be one, and +/- 5% is a pretty big statistical difference when you take into account the entire African American population of the United States, not to mention that not a whole 100% of that voting group turned out.

What source does your "or so" come from? Where did your source get their numbers? Was your source a poll or a think tank?

6. W9MAV

W9MAV Ham Member QRZ Page

They voted for him because they are tired of stupid white people in office.

7. KU0DM

KU0DM Guest

Considering America hasn't been very fair to African Americans since we became a country, I think no one has any room to whine.

8. KB3LAZ

KB3LAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Im tired of stupid people in general.:D

9. PE2YSB

PE2YSB Ham Member QRZ Page

true, some people in europe also own guns to hunt. But they own guns designed to hunt. They don't own automatics, small pistols, magnugs eg.
    Hunting guns you can't hide and your not allowed to carry them, only in special hunting area's.

Some people own guns because they consider it to be a sport to shoot at cardboard. One of my friend does this for instance. But he has to keep his gun in a safe all the time. The bullets must be in a different safe and they must be locked at all time. He also is not allowed to carry his weapon to the shooting range, he must transport it in a locked case. The police has the right to go to the home of a registered gun owner and ask him to see if the weapon is in the safe. If it’s not you will immediately lose your license and your gun.

10. K3ACE

K3ACE Guest

I was suggesting that my comment was as unfair as his.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.