ad: w5yi

Youth Election

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KC0WTS, Oct 25, 2008.

?

Who's Your Presidential Pick?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2008.
  1. McCain-Palin; I'm 18 or older

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Obama-Biden; I'm 18 or older

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  3. McCain-Palin; I'm under 18

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Obama-Biden; I'm under 18

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB3LAZ

KB3LAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Its not so much racism as it is race support. Many people are going to vote for Obama because of his race but many people are going to vote for Mccain for the same reason. Many voted for Hillary in the primaries because she was a woman. I would hope that this type of voting is a vast minority(no pun intended). If someone votes for a candidate based solely on race or gender they are making a rather unintelligent move.

I agree that it is unfortunate that the independent voters do not see much if any air time.

My thoughts on Obama being our next president are incredulous at best. I guess I will be able to admit it when the time comes.

2. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I will agree there are people who support candidates because of their skin color and gender. Frankly though, I wouldn't vote for Obama, McCain and would't have voted for Hillary. I make informed choices, most people fail to do that very thing.

But as for KC0WTS saying Obama would win because of racism, that in my mind is a bit untrue. He will get a lot of the black vote, but simply because of what he believes in (and for what he has fooled the American people into believing he will do), not because of his skin color. Same is true for the many many Hispanic and white votes he will get.

3. KC0WTS

KC0WTS Ham Member QRZ Page

Even though the Bill of Rights says that we have the right to bear arms and that right can't really be taken away except for the whole felon thing, with Obama even remotely discussing taking away the 2nd amendment would turn plenty of people on him.

And yes, racism is part of Obama's lead. How many people do you think are just voting for him because he'd be the first Black president? And Ralph Nader has no chance. Look back in history and you'll see that mainly, it's just the Republicans and the Democrats.

4. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

I think we should just become a communist continent :rolleyes:

5. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't know about Obama talking about "taking way the 2nd amendment". Ralph Nader and I both agree that there must be some form of gun control. I am not saying that people in general shouldn't have the right to protect themselves, what I am saying (as I said before) is there are some guns that people don't need and some people who don't need guns.

How many people do you know who are voting for McCain because he is white and they wouldn't dare want a black man running this country? But that is pointless to me, I don't really want either guy running our country. And yes my friend I do know history but trends can change (and that is my goal). If everyone voted because of issues and not because of party affiliation, gender and race we would have third party and independent candidates in office and real change would happen.

6. KU0DM

KU0DM Guest

How many southern states does Obama lead in?
    How many southern states does McCain lead in?

How many supremacy groups have conspired to assassinate McCain?
    How many supremacy groups have conspired to assassinate Obama?

How many voters have said they can't vote for McCain because he's white?
    How many voters have said they can't vote for Obama because he's black?

Race is card played on both sides of the aisle, don't deny it. Saying racism is a part of Obama's support holds the same weight as saying racism is a part of McCain's support.

We can work past it, we can work around it, we can ignore it.
    So why don't we?

7. KC0WTS

I'll be the first to say that there could have been a better candidate on the republican side, like Mitt Romney.

8. KB3LAZ

I agree.

9. KB3LAZ

I agree and disagree. I agree that there are people are unqualified to posses firearms. As to the types of firearms that we should be able to own I dont think there should be many restrictions. Granted an antitank missile may be a bit excessive but that's not the point. However a restriction on guns is one thing I could live with but not a total ban.

10. KC0WTS

That would be a better choice of words than what I used. Race support does sound like a better fit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.