ad: Schulman-1

YOUR UNIQUE QSL CARDS! SHOW THEM HERE!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WL7LZ/SK2024, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WL7LZ/SK2024

WL7LZ/SK2024 Ham Member QRZ Page

THANKS FOR MAKING THE PHOTO QSL THREAD A SUCCESS AND ENJOYABLE. TONS OF NICE CARDS AND COMMENTS and Laughs!! .....(THANKS TO QRZ.COM FOR POSTING IT TOO! ) KEEP ADDING THE CARDS!!!
    Ill be adding my other cards here as well.

Hello to all the Stations around the globe.

I wanted to start an article, where if you have an extra interesting QSL card, you could post it here in this section and people could scroll throught the replies to see the cards.

Also..story of how you designed the card, be it cartoon, or photo design. Also frequencies you can be found on, times, so someone might attempt to work you as well.

I enjoy rare and unique QSL cards. It makes ham radio al that much more enjoyable, and it busies the airwaves.

Here is my "main" card, but depending where and what I am doing I have multiple photo QSLs, but everyone gets this main card. I also have Merchant Marine, Alaskan, Yukon, NWT and hopefully this summer NUNAVUT on the sea-kayak. You can see the cards to the right and left of my horse on the card. I also have a special hrose training / Farriery Card when I shoe my horse or train. (to the left of the horse) Garranteed to bring eyes up to your wall.

[​IMG]

Station can be worked on the following freqs:
    28.455.55 MCs (USB) 21.150.00 MCs (CW) 07.134.00 MCs (CW) 03.802.00 MCs (CW) 50.125.00 MCs (USB) 144.200.00 MCs(USB)
    145.800/825 (Packet - International Space Station <<UI>>)

10m voice and CW most of the time.

Post your card as a reply... and give comments on the cards as well. (No insulting anyone&#33[​IMG] I think this might be fun and an easy way to see cards fast and set up scheds.

I also work HF on a sea-kayak. I use straight key... as the only "paddles" I ever touch are those used to move my kayak..

73 to all. Mark WL7LZ

2. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,

Here is my QSL. It is a picture of me. Been a volunteer FF for 25 years...

3. KB7DA

KB7DA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My Own QSO Card [​IMG]

4. M3SDE

M3SDE Guest

Kia Orana from ZK1SDE
    Here is my QSL card from the Expedition from November 2002. Which took us to both North and South Cook Islands. Another project is already under way for the next adventure to these Paradise Islands.
    73 de Tim ZK1SDE[/B][/I]

5. VE3RTV

VE3RTV Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Jim here VE3RTV.I've had interest in Titanic for over 40 yrs.
    Over the years I have collected books,movies...etc.
    You can find me on 40 meters 7.055 or 80 meters 3.755.
    Check out my we page ...
    http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3rtv
    73 for now,
    Jim.

6. K3UD

K3UD Guest

I usually design QSLs around my interests. With Quark and Photoshop it is simple to produce a good number of designs and print them on photo paper. Presently I have 8 different designs that I send out in rotation.

Here are two of them.

As for activities, I an usually on 40 CW some part of the weekends, sometimes active in the Century Club nets, and I am one who will call CQ on any band to get a QSO started.

George
    K3UD

7. K3UD

K3UD Guest

And Another

8. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]

There is a link to a high resolution version of this QSL card on the qrz.com lookup page for W3R.

Good luck with your story.

Regards,
    Paul/VJB

9. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Might as well give you this one too.
    For details, see the qrz.com lookup page for K3L

[​IMG]

10. N3WJL

N3WJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is mine, I'm the one in front.

[​IMG]

11. N4LI

N4LI Ham Member QRZ Page

I had trouble deciding what to put on my cards, and used cheesy temporary cards for a while after I got the new call.

Then, one afternoon, my four-year-old daughter (now five) gave me a picture of our family she drew at the kitchen table. “That’s a QSL Card,” I thought.

And, the folks at QSL Shop in Berlin did a great job getting it all together.

Peter, N4LI
    Memphis

12. W1JAB

W1JAB Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all - this is an interesting topic for sure! And... I have enjoyed the many posts and QSL cards. Here is mine. I am an avid amateur (working on being a pro) astronomer. This is a photo of M-45 the Pleiades taken from my backyard observatory. Clear dark skies are what we have here in the wilds of New Hampshire, USA. 73 all, de W1JAB (former KB1HMJ).

13. AH6HY

AH6HY Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi All:

Nice to know there are people out there who appreciate original cards! If I never receive another eagle holding a microphone or state outline card again, that would be fine with me. I enjoy making photo cards and have used several different designs in the past. Here's my current one. Everyone assumes that these girls are friends or relatives of mine. The truth is, I have no idea who they are. I drove over to the windward side of the island one day to take some photographs for a new card design and saw these girls playing in the sand. As you can see, there really wasn't any way for them to "escape" before I could get a snapshot off. Thankfully they were good sports about it...

14. AH6HY

AH6HY Ham Member QRZ Page

I also like to make photo cards for when I operate on the road as well. After many years of procrastination, I finally got my scuba certification a few years ago and occasionally like to use underwater photos for QSLs. Here's one from a trip last fall.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Very interesting topic. I think that variety of QSL designs represents the variety of people gathered in amateur radio community. I am a pharmacist (researcher, working on pharmaceutical chemistry) and after some years of very simple QSL-ing I have printed such a card. It is picture made by me in pov-ray presenting fullerene molecule in some fantasy scenery. Reverse of card is based upon a label, which is placed to hand-made medicines in polish pharmacies. Now I have designed new QSL (in press) because my XYL has made VHF licence (SP8MED) and we get SP8YED family club call. New qsl (with 3 callsigns) will be monochromatic and will contain some herbal motives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.