ad: UR5CDX-1

Your thread Yaesu DMU 2000 was deleted. Reason: WTB items over $250 are prohibited by QRZ rule

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by K2SDS, Nov 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree. They should at least send you a note to that effect so that you will not make the same mistake in the future.

N1UXA likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Why quote me? I don't make the rules here :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N2SUB likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree. I always message someone why I've done a "moderator action" and what QRZ rule was broken. Not doing so, how can folks learn the rules?

I guess we're discussing "moderation policy" and that's forbidden. But still, I am just telling it like it is.

Sending a short message why a moderation action was done, to me, is just good will and a friendly way to do things.

Hoping I don't get smited (smote?) for "talking mod".... I'm new :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N1UXA likes this.
  4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps a new rule is needed - no more restrictions on WTB ads but if you come back to complain you were ripped off you are banned from the forum forever, and promise to give up your ham license. Just a thought.

"But it was such a good deal, I couldn't pass it up..." :mad:

KA2FIR likes this.
  5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

So, it was a WTB over $250?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  6. W7UUU

WTB ads cannot exceed a $250 value. Site rules.

Dave
    W7UUU

7. N1UXA

N1UXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes it was. I have posted numerous WTB ads in the past with no problem. Now all of a sudden it was deleted. I thought it was because I had included a stock picture off the internet of what I wanted to buy. Again, no explanation was sent / offered so I was in the dark about all of it! I decided to look at the rules and lo and behold, there it was, $250 limit. I have no idea when this started but judging from this discussion thread I gather it was recently. But, I really don't know because there is no announcement or notification of when rules change. (If there is please let me know!!). So, I hate to be pessimistic, and I really value QRZ and all it has to offer, but I guess I'll have to scour the rules before I list anything to check for changes.

8. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ Swapmeet Listing and Safety Policies - MUST READ
    Updated: October, 2018

"Want To Buy" or WTB Listings
    You may place an ad for any item that can reasonably be considered to be worth UNDER $250. Pictures are not required for WTB listing. The reason for the low limit on WTB listings is that scammers always target people who are looking for high dollar items.

KA2FIR and W7UUU like this.
  9. N1UXA

N1UXA Ham Member QRZ Page

I know where to find the rules, my comment was there is no obvious notification of when they change. One has to search the Listing and Safety policies to discover any changes.

10. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly! Perhaps it would be helpful to add a post to the Rules sticky providing a short summary of a policy change whenever there is such a change.

N1UXA and N3AB like this.