Your thread Yaesu DMU 2000 was deleted. Reason: WTB items over $250 are prohibited by QRZ rule

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by K2SDS, Nov 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2SDS

K2SDS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I did. I dont see the ad any longer, so I guess it just took them a couple of days to get to it.

2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad you acknowledged that but beating up on the Moderator(s) is bad form. Go beat up on Fred about the policy and be sure to let us all know how that works out for you. o_O

N3AB and KA2FIR like this.
  3. K2SDS

Actually I was beating up on the policy not the moderators. The policy itself is problematic because it forces the moderators to make subjective decisions regarding the value of disparate products. I won't be the last to complain about that - for sure. Would be nice to see the limit raised to 500. It would make the WTB concept a lot more valuable, practically useless as is.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A higher WTB threshold would likely encourage more scammer activity.

AJ4GQ and W7UUU like this.
  5. N2SUB

N2SUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Just wondering....while WTB ads might draw in scammers, the scammers could make a ton more by posting a FOR SALE...psssst, hey bud, wanna buy an unopened IC-7610 for $500? In either case, a ZED member is risking their money to buy something from a possible scammer. Why the distinction?

K2SDS likes this.
  6. K2SDS

My thoughts exactly!!

7. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Your first post in this thread looked like Moderator bashing to me. My apologies if I misinterpreted that. Keep in mind that a large part of an unpaid Moderator's job is to make subjective rules decisions all day long.
    Be careful what you wish for. Raising the limit to $500 still "forces the moderators to make subjective decisions regarding the value of disparate products" and would make the scammer problem worse. It would be easier for QRZ to just eliminate WTB ads.
    By the way, it seems to work better to use email or a 'conversation' to communicate privately with a Moderator if you feel you got poked in the eye with one of their sharp sticks (don't ask me how I know this).

KA2FIR likes this.
  8. K2SDS

Agree. Eliminating the WTB would make sense.

AJ4GQ likes this.
  9. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

And you sir are the KING of "keen eyes" in the Swapmeet forum :)

Dave
    W7UUU

KA2FIR likes this.
  10. N1UXA

N1UXA Ham Member QRZ Page

My item was deleted and no explanation was offered why. I had to look over the new rules and this thread to figure out why. At the very least if Moderators are going to delete a post they should tell us WHY...…………...