ad: hrd-2

Your thread Yaesu DMU 2000 was deleted. Reason: WTB items over $250 are prohibited by QRZ rule

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by K2SDS, Nov 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
  1. K2SDS

K2SDS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So now QRZ moderators are unilaterally deciding the value of "Wanted to buy" items? How does the moderator know what I am willing to pay or what something is worth to me?? I have seen many wanted to buy ads for items that could easily exceed thousands of dollars that have not been deleted. This unilateral deleting WTB posts based on the moderators interpretation of its value needs to be changed. AT a minimum, raise the amount to something that could be considered risky. Whatever happened to caveat emptor??

2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

If they left the ad up I'm sure there would be a scammer offering you one for a price you couldn't refuse.

KA2FIR and K2SDS like this.
  3. K2SDS

My problem. I would like to think my due diligence would be adequate. If not then sux to be me I guess.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    K7MH likes this.
  4. K2SDS

Wanted Yaesu G5500 rotator - ship to Michigan Address

These go for 800.00 new. What does the moderator think this item is valued at?

The DMU 2000 has not even been available on the market for over 4 years.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    AG5DB likes this.
  5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's an ad that may answer your question. It includes a DMU2000 for $800.00.
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?th...-ari-500-mfj-464-mfj-264.634225/#post-4860555
    And here's one without the interface board for $575.00
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/yaesu-dmu-2000.562932/#post-4219871

And the list goes on - all asking over $500.00, usually $625.00 and up. Same for the ads on QTH. The Moderator was obviously correct in concluding the item was over the $250.00 limit.

KA2FIR, K2SDS and N3AB like this.
  6. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anyone think a DMU-2000 offer to sell under $250 would be legitimate?

[​IMG]

KA2FIR, K2SDS, W7UUU and 1 other person like this.
  7. K2SDS

Bottom line is, if someone wants to let the world know they are looking for an item, they should be allowed to do so. Plenty of WTB items here on QRZ that exceed 250.00 in value that do not get deleted. Seems to be hit or miss when it comes to determining values on the sales forum. And I never expected to get a DMU 2000 for 250.00, that was QRZ's assumption, not mine. Yes I know its their site and they make the rules. I just disagree with it and think it should be changed. And I expect I will enjoy my new never used DMU2000 as soon as it arrives.

8. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sheer volume of WTB posts tasks the moderators with "keeping up"

Time after time, scam after scam, WTB ads over $250 draw in scammers.

Such posts are not allowed. It's very clear in the rules.

The fact that some "slip through the cracks" is just that there are only so many moderators that can keep on top of it. Sometimes they just slip through - there is NO effort to allow some folks to do it and others to not do it.

There are many many sites to post WTB ads... QRZ is simply aware of the "scam factor" and such rules are an effort to limit folks getting scammed.

Dave
    W7UUU

AJ4GQ, K2SDS and N3AB like this.
  9. K2SDS

no

W7UUU likes this.
  10. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

If you see a WTB ad that should be taken down then report it like I do.

K2SDS likes this.