ad: TiltPlate-1

Your opinion as to why we are seeing an influx of IC-7300 for sale

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KG0MN, May 3, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KG0MN

KG0MN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have so many glowing reports about this radio it made me curious as to why we are seeing so many of them going up for sale. Go ahead give me your personal opinion, this is in no way a scientific survey.

I am going to guess that a number of people do not like the small size, or the menu driven system. I have a couple of people selling theirs that the display is so small it makes it hard to operate. So venture your guess.

2. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Could it be because the big brother model was recently released?
    I find it interesting that hams are known for being cheap....yet owning the latest and greatest is also a ham trait.

W5YYA, K2HAT, VK6APZ and 1 other person like this.
  3. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

a lot of people that owned the 7300 purchased the 7610 and sold their 7300...me included. It's a GREAT time to buy a 7300 if you're in the market

K2HAT and WD0BCT like this.
  4. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The real question is why are hams buying every one of these used rigs offered?!!!!!

QRZed sales: 13 offered and sold in last 13 weeks.
    Rate: 1 per week.

Reasons for sale from adverts:
    -Upgrade to IC-7610: Four (4)
    -Little used: Three (3)
    -Prefer CW rig: One (1)
    -Dislike Tx/Rx relay noise during CW: One (1)
    -No reason given: Four (4)

5. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think this sort of "churning" happens for every new radio released by Yaesu, Icom or Kenwood. There are just people who constantly have to own the latest thing available..

K7MH and KB4QAA like this.
  6. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

I wanna replace my 7300 with a 7610, but it is PRICEY!!!
    So my 7300 will remain as a good FIELD DAY radio!!

KB2SMS and N2NH like this.
  7. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Mine goes to 11.

N4FLF, K2HAT, KE5OFJ and 3 others like this.
  8. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

9. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought that too and almost kept my 7300 for a 'field day radio' until I relized that one of the biggest reasons I replaced it was the receiver. It doesnt work well with crowded bands and can image the 'OVF' indicator flashing incessantly in a multi-station config such as FD.

N2NH, N2EY and ND6M like this.
  10. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I am selling mine because I bought a Flex. I was quite happy with the 7300 not too many knobs and easy to use but I wanted a challenge, which the Flex is. I don't need a "backup rig" because if the Flex fails I have a life outside of ham radio (softball, volleyball, biking). Anyone want to buy it?