ad: Mountaingoat-1

Your Help Is Needed

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC0DMH, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KC0DMH

KC0DMH Ham Member QRZ Page

The first wave of updates is complete!! We have made more than 3,000 updates to the Repeater Directory, but our work is far from complete. We are asking for your help with a second wave of updates and revisions. Please check to make sure that the repeater information is correct as listed. You can use the links provided on each page to make any corrections or additions.

US Repeater Directory

Canada Repeater Directory

Please be sure to also check out the Club Directory. It has been continuing to grow at a steady rate as new information is submitted.
    A sincere thank you to everyone who has helped to get these directories off to a fantastic start!!

Ham-Shack.com</p>

2. W4YQY

W4YQY Ham Member QRZ Page

Great job on your site! Just as a suggestion, include a email Link so that folks may update repeater information. I have tried to update several repeaters in our area but have been unable to get it done through the links that you now have. It would be much easier to do through a email link.

3. WA5ZNU

WA5ZNU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Do you think you could add a link that returns the data in XML format for the purpose of programmatic use?

4. KC0DMH

Please let us know what repeaters you are having trouble with, and we will make sure they get updated. We do not provide an e-mail link because the system we use now has worked so well. It does not update live, however, it requires us to update the information manually - very similar to what an e-mail update would be like.

Thanks for your help.

Ham-Shack.com

5. KC0DMH

At the present time we don't have plans to implement an XML export feature, but we will add it to our list of suggestions for consideration in the future.

Ham-Shack.com

6. KD7WHQ

KD7WHQ QRZ Member QRZ Page

I just updated the 6.96 machine in Seattle.

Hope it worked ;)

7. N3JBH

N3JBH Ham Member QRZ Page

what about a beacon directory also?

8. VO1DK

VO1DK Ham Member QRZ Page

The Newfoundland Directory looks great.

Congratulations on a super job.

9. AK6E

AK6E Ham Member QRZ Page

Well even in the begining i see trouble. You have the wrong call listed for the 145.480 repeater it is not W0GFQ it is W6DRA. I have went to the sight and corrected but then tryed to remove the other listing and it will not remove it. YOU HAVE NO LINK THAT I CAN FIND TO CONTACT YOU the administrator for this sight HAM SHACK . I then looked your call signs up on QRZ but you list no e-mail address for yourself KC0DMH or for your wife KC0JKX except that you refer back to yor HAM SHACK web sight.I would not be posting this on QRZ but contacting you directly if this information was avaliable.I feel that any web sight like HAM SHACK should have a box to click to contact you in case of a problum. Even under CREDITS i see no link to contact you. Can this be corrected ? if there is a contact box and i am just not seeing it my appologies are in order but your direct e-mail address should be posted on QRZ anyway.
    Steve AK6E Palm Springs,Ca.
    Desert Radio Association

10. KC0DMH

If you specify that the frequency is a beacon it will be noted as such in the notes section. We have no plans for a separate directory at this time.

Ham-Shack.com

11. KC0DMH

Please remember that the information submitted using the links provide on each page of the Repeater Directory do not update in real time. They just log the information submitted until we have a chance to update the listings. If you corrected the information, and then specified which repeater to remove, trust that it will be removed as we have time.

You can contact us using any of the links for repeater updates by posting a comment or question in the notes section of the update.

Thanks to everyone for helping out!

Ham-Shack.com

12. KC1BUD

KC1BUD Ham Member QRZ Page

The Lapeer Michigan 2 meter repeater requires a 100hz pl tone to access the repeater. [​IMG]

13. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Good show. To make printing more efficient, I would like to see a white background, and a narrower column for the offset.

K8ERV

14. WB0OND

WB0OND Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, just changed (updated some data) for the local club and machine.  Very nice layout....Easy on the eyes...Interesting reading....Researching "link" to your site.  Thank you. 73

geoff

15. WA5ZNU

WA5ZNU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've got a proposed XML format for you at http://wa5znu.org/2006/04/repeater taking Mississippi as an example.

One use of this structured data might be HT programming software that could read from your database directly.

Here's a sample of what the data from ms.xml looks like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"><repeater call="WB5USN">
    <location>Aberdeen&lt;/location>
    <output>147.270&lt;/output>
    <offset>+&lt;/offset>
    <features>autopatch&lt;/features>
    &lt;/repeater>
    [/QUOTE]

For fun, if you have the latest FireFox browser, install the "XForms" standard support from http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xforms/download.html and view http://wa5znu.org/2006/04/repeater/repeater.xhtml . It is a simple HTML page that automatically reads the ms.xml file and displays it using CSS for formatting:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>HTML </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"><span style='color:#333333'><<span style='color:blue'>html</span>>
    <<span style='color:blue'>head</span>>
    <<span style='color:blue'>title</span>>Repeaters&lt;/title>
    <<span style='color:blue'>link</span> rel="<span style='color:eek:range'>stylesheet</span>" type="<span style='color:eek:range'>text/css</span>" href="<span style='color:eek:range'>repeater.css</span>" />
    <<span style='color:blue'>model</span>>
    <<span style='color:blue'>instance</span> src="<span style='color:eek:range'>ms.xml</span>" />
    &lt;/model>
    &lt;/head>

<<span style='color:blue'>body</span>>
    <<span style='color:blue'>h1</span>>Repeaters for <<span style='color:blue'>output</span> ref="<span style='color:eek:range'>@id</span>" />&lt;/h1>
    <<span style='color:blue'>repeat</span> nodeset="<span style='color:eek:range'>repeater</span>">
    <<span style='color:blue'>output</span> ref="<span style='color:eek:range'>@call</span>" />
    <<span style='color:blue'>output</span> ref="<span style='color:eek:range'>output</span>" />
    <<span style='color:blue'>output</span> ref="<span style='color:eek:range'>offset</span>" />
    <<span style='color:blue'>output</span> ref="<span style='color:eek:range'>features</span>" />
    &lt;/repeat>
    &lt;/body>
    &lt;/html>
    </span>[/QUOTE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.