ad: HamHats-1

Your expectations of LotW

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by AA6YQ, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W0GDS

W0GDS Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave: I am just now able to transfer my paper log to LoTW so I appreciate that it is
    available w/o restricted times. As I am entering QSO's from 2005 to present, I do not
    expect the process time to be any specific period. I am grateful to get these added and
    still have more to do. I only hope that those callsigns I send this information to will ack
    and reply with confirmations. 73! W0GDS Gary

2. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

I forgot to add in my earlier post that N1MM is such a powerful contest logger, I don't see logging program being better any time soon. The part I can't believe is it is free!

I use both LoTW and eQSL (eQSL as a courtesy). It has been very rare for LoTW to be down. When it is, it is no biggie, I can upload later. I'm looking forward to the time when most hams are using LoTW. Once you get past the initial setup (which is clunky as well as frustrating) it is almost foolproof....and you can use ACLog to download your confirmed contacts. That makes it easier to keep track.

I do wish more folks would send cards. I don't require anything but the card..no SASE, No greenbacks... If you send the card, I always respond the same day. I love the freakin' things and some people have some amazing cards.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  3. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Out of curiosity Dave, I'm wondering what answers you seek to what question? As a long-time user of LoTW, I don't really care how fast they process my uploaded logs, just that they get processed. It's like asking, "How quickly should the USPS deliver your QSL card?" I mean, it just doesn't much matter.

In an ideal world, NO web site or computer server would ever go down. Since we don't live in that world, we accept the best we can get with the resources we have. Maybe you should ask, "How much would you pay to keep LoTW online 24/7/365?" Most folks would probably say very little - they'll take what they can get. My point is a bit of context regarding the reason for the questions might help get more responses!!

I've uploaded to LoTW since 2005 or there-abouts - 306 worked and 283 confirmed during that time all via LoTW, including 6 band DXCC. I got it done during the good and bad times with LoTW. Gosh if I ever get all my logs back to 1970 entered . . . !!!!

4. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

This is how I feel about it. It is what it is and it is a befit for all that choose to use LoTW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.