Young ham wins youth achievement award from radio club of america

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W1YW, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KD0FAA

KD0FAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Chip, this has really got me excited now! I'm hoping that I can render some unique fractal antennas with the program I'm writing in the future, and if that is the case, I will construct them and take you up on your offer. My antennas have never been subjected to thorough testing besides measuring the return loss, so it would be very interesting to see how they perform under real life conditions (this could help with INTEL STS).

The Koch Curve fractal antenna I designed is very close to being resonant at 2m and 70cm (the latter tuned point is around 415 MHz), but I'm convinced that a better design would be possible, as it is relatively large and would require more BW for the 70cm band. Although I have only been subscribed to QST for a year, I haven't seen any fractal antenna designs published, which I think many amateur radio operators would find interesting to read about.

To be honest, I wasn't aware of INTEL STS, but that is something I would love to work towards. Fractal antennas may not have been addressed as a topic before, so that would provide a nice spin. I'll keep in touch with Carole and see if we can figure something out for my senior year. You have given me some good advice and tips that will be useful in the future.

K1BG, I remember you from Dayton! It is nice to see you on QRZ, I appreciate your support.

Thanks all!

Austin, KD0FAA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.