ad: Schulman-1

Young DXpeditioners on Willis

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Young DXpeditioners on Willis

The crew of VK9DWX wants to invite two young hams who have a passion for Ham Radio, DXing and contesting to take part in the DXpedition to Willis Island in October this year.

One young ham from 6th October till 19th October and the other one from 15th October till 28th October.

You can reside in any country in the world, you hold a valid amateur radio license in your country, you have some experience in working pile-ups and you are between 18 and 29.

For qualification you have to send an email to contact@vk9dwx. de which must include an essay of 500 words minimum (in English) describing how you got started in ham radio, who your Elmer was and why you should be selected for this DXpedition opportunity. Please include also you full name, callsign and home address.

The VK9DWX crew will pay for all expenses except your flight from your home to Cairns, Queensland, Australia.

Send us your application now to contact@vk9dwx. de. We will recieve applications until September 15th and will make a fast decision.

Don't wait all week for the news!
    Amateur Radio News - updated daily - 365 days per year

[​IMG] Southgate News RSS Feed

Get our News Headlines for your Website:
    http://www.southgatearc.org/rss/index.htm

Send Us Your News Items:
    http://www.southgatearc.org/news/your_news.htm

2. VK7GZ

VK7GZ Ham Member QRZ Page

A great opportunity indeed :)

3. K9MY

K9MY Guest

Execellent Idea

Great Idea! Ah to be young again.

P.S. Youth is wasted on the young.

4. N4EU

N4EU Ham Member QRZ Page

Man, if only they gave more then a months notice!

5. W9MAV

W9MAV Ham Member QRZ Page

I am interested but my parents are over protective. So most likely that will not happen. So whats the price from Chicago to Australia?

6. W9MAV

Never mind I am experienced in pileups but not 18 through 29.

7. W6SA

W6SA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds like the opportunity Cal K0DXC has been looking for.

8. W9MAV

Nope not me either.

You can reside in any country in the world, you hold a valid amateur radio license in your country, you have some experience in working pile-ups and you are between "18 and 29."

9. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I vote for Cal as well to go. Perhaps a Benevolent DX Club could sponsor him as he is the most Qualified and Responsible young ham here on the net! Don't know what the cost is, but wealthy organizations like NCDXA and YASME should also consider contributing to the cause. I know he would probably have to take some time off from school, but he can always study his Calculus and Pre-Med subjects before his shift in the pileups. This is the opportunity of a lifetime, and no one in the world is more deserving than Cal to go! They need to WAIVE the age limit of 18 in this case as Cal has shown that he is responsible well beyond his age and can keep up with the best of them over 18!

10. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd love to go, but I'll be 30 in about a week or so.

One month short!

11. K0DXC

K0DXC Ham Member QRZ Page

I would LOVE to go!

I first found out about it through an email sent to me by a member of the Minnesota Wireless Association. Immediately after I received the email, I started writing up a 500 word essay to send in..... then I saw the age requirement. I thought it would be okay for someone to be under 18, but I guess not. There are too many legal issues to deal with if they were to invite a minor to come with.

Oh well.... there will always be the next DXpedition..... and when I turn 18. :D

12. K0DXC

K0DXC Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe I can get the Chinese to alter my passport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.