YOKOGAWA /TOKYO-HY-POWER HL-2K No output on 80 meters

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by KD6CXW, Jun 6, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KD6CXW

KD6CXW Ham Member QRZ Page

Have a Yokogawa medical amp p9306ul , it's like the Tokyo Hy-Power HL-2K with out 40,80,160.
    The person i got it from added the input components , I add the padding caps ,relays and control circuits .
    followed the schematics for the HL-2K to get values . I have a set of lower output 3-500's I'm using for testing and I can not get any power on 80 meters. I get about 800 watts on all other bans.
    I'v tested resonance of tank by pulling tubes and putting a 1250 ohm resister in between plate cap and ground .
    using a MFJ 207 and frequency counter I'm at about 3.27 Mhz for resonance were I get a low swr reading.
    Changing padding caps will only changes reads lightly and have to watch how much because it will change 160
    moved coil tap one coil each way and was way off .tried a pair of 4-400's and same results.
    Tubes glow but no output and I don't have a rig that go's out of band to test it at 3.27 Mhz.
    Any suggestions ?
    Thanks
    John

2. KD6CXW

KD6CXW Ham Member QRZ Page

Modified my 847 and get 800 watts @ 3.27 Mhz. into dummy load.Need to bring up to 3.8 Mhz any ideals ?

3. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Reomve or move the tap on the coil to reduce the inductance. Try one turn at a time until the power peaks where you want it. Also check the loading capacitor, remove some padding if needed. Should be a simple task.