Yippy-Skippy!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI7HSB, Nov 25, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Ma Baby is a real song....from 1899. First recorded version, by Arthur Collins (no, not THAT Art Collins!). The youtube video is from an Edison cylinder (Edison 5470)

2. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

You really have "looney" friends and relatives. Please, move elsewhere; we already have more than enough loonyticks here in the South-land!

3. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Love the tune, but I really prefer Mel Brooks take on it.

And someone please get the late, great, John Hurt some Pepto!

N2EY and KI7HSB like this.
  4. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

No, not really... I've got no old habits to break.

Truth is, though I am a life long wannabe, I only last year got off my duff and got my Tech, then my General two weeks later. Since then, I have only been on the air once, courtesy of my Elmer and best friend (a lifetime active operator) because I still don't have a station of my own. I tripped over my 'carburetor part number' call sign that day too...

Going all the way through Element 4 was a perfectly natural next step for me as I have a college degree and several years in the electronics world industry. I often joke that I have Ohm's law tattooed to the inside of my eyelids, so it was just a matter of some refresher study to get me through the quiz.

5. W5WN

W5WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't be such a Debbie Downer...

6. W5WN

W5WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations and good luck on getting a new callsign!

7. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

If that is what you want, and it's allowed by the FCC, then I have no problem. But I have kept my same call for 49 years (now) originally as a Tech for over 35 years. I just haven't had the requirement, reason nor incentive to change. Besides, a sequential call NOW, would be KI6***? NAH, I don't think so. At least I KNOW my call was issued almost 50 years ago, and is NOT a "reissue." (Besides, WHO in their right [or wrong] mind would want it?:rolleyes:)

WD0BCT likes this.
  8. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

When I took element 4, I just checked the box for the next 2x2 in the computer.
    I think you can "modify" your license and get a 2x2 from the FCC, no choice,
    but it's free.
    Mine is not the best CW call, too many "dits" in a row. At least I narrowly missed
    AD5HS, Ha.
    AD5HR, Jon

WZ7U likes this.
  9. N4AAB

N4AAB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I kept my 1x3 call when I got my extra... I still have a box full of QSL cards with N4AAB on them.