ad: dxeng

Yippy-Skippy!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI7HSB, Nov 25, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks! Yes, though most of the relevant 4 digits are taken, I'll get something that's easy to say on the air without tripping over my tongue...

2. KI7HSB

3. KI7HSB

Yeah, I'm with you there. I didn't get involved in HAM to be in a hurry either... That's what the internet is for.

4. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

When I became eligible for a shorter call a buddy of mine informed me that I could get my original FCC assigned call back instead. Sure its not snappy but it's unique in that the FCC assigned it to me in 1976 and no one else had ever "owned" it. There is something icky about wearing another's call sign. Kind of like wearing someone else's underwear. And some people change call signs as frequently as their underwear!
    And....as odd as it may seem...after being expired for 20 years...my original call was burned into my brain.

KI7HSB likes this.
  5. KI7HSB

Star Trek...
    We'll form a landing party.
    We'll take every single important member of the crew...
    ...and Yeoman Smith.

Gee,... I wonder who's going to die...

6. KI7HSB

Thanks! :)

7. KI7HSB

Thanks!
    I feel light headed though... Will I get used to the thin air?

8. KI7HSB

Yes, another member compared the FCC assigned call-sign to a carburetor part number and I can't fault the analogy...
    Most of the relevant 4 digits are already taken, but I'll take one that is easy to say without flubbing up.

9. KI7HSB

Surely a dumb redneck from Idaho like me passing the Element 4 exam is newsworthy... :)

10. KI7HSB

HA! To be sure! Thanks for the tip.
    Though the ink on my license is new, I am a lifetime wanna-be so I know at least a little...
    But yeah, I can see how that would rile the old guard ;)

Still deciding on the the new call-sign as most of the relevant 4 digits are already taken...