Yikes!Lots of dupes!

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by WK3T, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KI6CR

KI6CR Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am having this same issue also. My ADIF that I upload monthly contains new records, as well as the same records from previous months. Having read all of the documentation about Logbook V2, I didn't expect to see all the duplicates in my logbook. As far as I can tell, the duplicate records match verbatim. Is it possible the dupe check isn't working?

I tested this by importing the exact same ADIF a second time to see what happens... where every single QSO record should have been marked as a 'dupe', the import log shows 0. I'm confused.

Screenshot 2014-07-02 01.12.13.png

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Dispatched to HQs. I can clear all entries in your logbook, if you wish to start a fresh import. Let me know if you want this.

3. KI6CR

I'm not sure what that means. Can you clarify?

I understand that clearing the logbook and starting over will band-aid the issue. I guess my question is: Is there a problem with the QRZ logbook not following the rules for dupes, or am I doing something wrong? I don't think so.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You have entered your records via ADIF import. The system is operating correctly.

The system provides the choice of accepting duplicates or not. There is no record as to which choice you made at the time and it is possible that the Accept Duplicate choice was selected on one or more of your imports.

Inasmuch as you appear to have ADIF files, I have offered to clear your logbook so that they can be freshly imported while taking care to not check the Accept Duplicates choice. This is not intended to be a band-aid solution, just an offer. Or, rather than clear the book, try to import a one or two record ADIF file a couple of times taking care to not check the Accept Duplicate box and see if the problem reoccurs. It might be unique to your operating system/browser; if so, we can then pursue it further.

5. KI6CR

OK, in the name of science, I am willing to further investigate. Plese clear the logbook, thank you.

Once the log book is cleared, I will import a small sample ADIF. I will then later, import the exact same ADIF, making sure to NOT accept dupes when uploading. I will report back. Thanks for your help!

6. W1DQ

Your logbook has been cleared. After your first import, go back to your logbook and look at it to see if the records are truly there. Then try the second.

7. KI6CR

OK, update. Here are my steps:

• Confirmed that the logbook was cleared out entirely, thank you for the reset
    • I created an ADIF with only 5 QSO in it, for testing purposes (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/163037/2014%20test%20adif.adi)
    • Imported that test file, to populate the logbook
    • Confirmed the 5 QSO appear (as expected) in the logbook
    • Waited a few minutes, and imported that same test ADIF file again, making sure not to check 'Accept Dupes' (screenshot below)
    • Result, discovered 5 duplicate entries in the logbook (10 total)

So, I don't think I am doing anything wrong on my end. Computer here is a Mac Pro running OS X 10.9 and Google Chrome v26 Browser. Should I attempt to run this same experiment using a PC (Windows 7) and a different browser?

Screenshot 2014-07-23 19.49.22.png

8. W1DQ

I have forwarded this to the QRZ IT Engineer; have also copied you by e-mail. Let's stand by for response. Thank you for your patience.

9. N9ACD

N9ACD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm having the opposite problem, when I upload an ADIF file QRZ Logbook tells me that they are all duplicates. When I check my logbook later, none of the so-called "dupes" are in the logbook

10. N9ACD

N9ACD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm sorry, I hit the post button too quickly. I need to add that the "dupe" does not appear, and the Call that is called a "dupe" is not in the logbook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.