Yikes!Lots of dupes!

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by WK3T, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WK3T

WK3T XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How do I clear duplicate log entries?
    Thanks

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If you have a duplicate free backup to freshly import, I can clear your logbook. Is that what you want to do?

3. WK3T

Yes, that would work. Can I clear it myself? I might be handy. I thought the log book would provide a delete dupes function but I guess not. Thanks!

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If you prefer, you can clear it page by page. Since you have over 800 records, set the rows selection at 200 per page. Next place a check mark in the box at the top of the boxes column (to select all records on the page), then click on ACTIONS at the bottom of the page and select Delete. Repeat this until remaining pages are deleted.

When you import a file, a duplicate will automatically replace the previous record unless you place a check mark in the Accept Dupes box. Perhaps you accidently did that.

I am assuming that you will delete the records yourself. Let me know if you still want me to clear it.

5. WK3T

yes that would be great!

6. W1DQ

Done. All clear.

7. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

LOGic9 has a clever little utility that lets one wipe out all dupes with the click of a mouse. Shouldn't be that hard to implement.

Bill

8. WK3T

It OK to delete the entire log. Thanks for your advice on the dupe check box question. That is likely my mistake. Thanks for your help. Ill reload the entire log when your done. Thanks again! Live and learn.

9. T6MH

T6MH Ham Member QRZ Page

I have tons of dupes also, and I didnt click the box to Accept Dupes. Could you just delete my log and let me upload my entire complete log again?

10. W1DQ

T6MH has been cleared as requested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.