[Yeasu400dr] the Relay continue works by itself even turned off sometimes

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by BH4CST, Nov 13, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. BH4CST

BH4CST Ham Member QRZ Page

I had repaired the relay parts of UHF caused it was broken for a loose connector with feed-line and the APRS works dozens of emissions a day. And then, I got issue of the realy can works by itself even turned off transceiver after few months but not turned off power supplier then.

2. BH4CST

anybody can give me a piece of advice? I don't think it was an issue of the new relay(the same model bought it from Yaesu) after repaired.

3. KL7SG

KL7SG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It sounds like you still have power to the relay coil (if I understand your post).
    You should shut off the power supply and see if the relay relaxes (shuts off)

Let us know what happens.

4. BH4CST

Hi KL7SG,

Thank you for your reply. I actually did shut off power supply many times, and then you will not hear any voice of Relay after shut off supply.
    FYI. I've 2 set of 400DRs, so that I can compare with the problem 400DR with another one with the same power supply Diamond GSV3000, and I bought 400DRs in Y2013.

5. BH4CST

Hellooo..., more advice please~

6. KL7SG

KL7SG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, it is probably a sticking relay.

7. BH4CST

Hello KL7SG, Ummm...., maybe I should go Yaesu for replace the problem relay of UHF at their branch office directly, because I had replaced that relay by myself at home then, anyway, it was an opportunity to enrich my experiences for the replacement.