ad: MonitorSens-1

Yeasu ft8900r programing issues

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KK4OWL, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: l-gcopper
  1. KK4OWL

KK4OWL Ham Member QRZ Page

I am using the r t programing software and cable trying to do the initial read from the radio.i start the read radio and set up the clone start as program instructs. When I hit the set key (the center unmarked key) as instructed by programing software the clone start does not change to clone and I cannot read from radio. I have tried two different programing softwares. Don't bother w yeasu Tech support they said they didn't know. Rd helped a little but we agree it's something setting wise on the rig. Does anyone have any ideals?

Thank you in advance
    KK4OWL

2. KI4FKW

KI4FKW Ham Member QRZ Page

Make sure to read the instructions carefully. Some of the button pushes are momentary (push it and release quick) while others are a short hold (hold down until it changes).

I just wish I had the new USB cable. I have the old serial plug, which no computer on the planet uses, anymore. I even bought adapters. All crap and won't work.

3. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

RT Systems has a full support staff, in Broomfield, CO that you paid for ... Use them FIRST.
    https://www.rtsystemsinc.com/aboutus.asp

IF you have a complaint, call them ... ask for Karin or Rod Thompson (owners).
    They use to be in Alabama when company started.

4. KK4OWL

KK4OWL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you both helped re systems and the first poster.the issue was I was holding the set button to long. Thank you all for the help. Yeasu had no clue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.