ad: M2Ant-1

Yeasu 450 AT

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KA4MGE, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
  1. KA4MGE

KA4MGE Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a Yeasu 450AT. I read somewhere that Yeasu has a software update for this rig. I can't seem to find where I read that. Does anyone have a link to where I may find this update and is it necessary?

2. KC8TLF

KC8TLF Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd contact Yaesu.

3. AC2EV

AC2EV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There's a PDF on Yaesu's site under the FT450D. The software was supposed to be released Summer of 2012. Well Apparently that didn't happen.
    I just called them up on the phone and they told me:

"Soon"

4. AE5ZD

AE5ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

http://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cm...E6A599B0EFEA2217E4&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0

That link takes you to the FT-450 page. click the "Files" Tab just above teh picture of teh device in the main part of the window.

There are 2 files dated 9/28/12 for V0228.

One is a pdf explaining how to do the procedure, the other is a zip file with teh necessary software.

Make sure you read the pdf instructions word for word, or you could inadvertantly screw up your radio.

Also make sure your RS-232 to radio connection works properly. If you do not have a cable, there are many USB to RS232 adapters available, just make sure the radio can be controlled with software, like the free ham radio deluxe, n3fjps software, etc. Do this first to make sure the radio works like it's supposed to.

Enjoy updating your radio.

Tom

5. AC2EV

AC2EV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Use a computer with a real serial port if you can. I had about 50% success using various USB to serial dongles. It's not finished until you get a dialog box that says OK? with an OK button.

6. AE5ZD

AE5ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

You're not kidding. I went through several before I just bought a serial port card for the PC. That one card cost me less than the dongle. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.