Yay - finally hit 5B-DXCC

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by KP4SX, Dec 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A couple of recent confirmations got me to 100 on 80m. Actually I have 7B-DXCC but since 80 is one of the legacy bands for 5B-DXCC I wasn't really there until 80 came thru.
    This has been 5 years in the making at the bottom of the cycle with a vertical on the roof and no amp.
    I'm happy.
    Actual DXCC count is 282 with 280 confirmed by paper QSLs.

5bdxcc.jpg

WA7PRC, KV6O, K8PG and 11 others like this.
  2. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations! I've got a ways to go to round out 40m and 80m.

3. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just hit 100 on 80 meters this morning! (Well, 90 in LoTW and waiting on 10 more to get uploaded). Never emphasized 80 meters at all until the last 3 years.

I also have over 100 confirmed LoTW on 30 and 17. But I only have about 70 on 10 and less than 30 on 12. I wasted some good solar cycles in my youth :p

4. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations, and well done! Given recent propagation, no amp etc., that's quite an accomplishment.

I lack 2 confirmations on 80m, and hopefully they will come either by card or LoTW. As regards the "official" 5-Band DXCC bands, 10m is my downfall in terms of U.S. states and DXCC. Hopefully I can add a few of each in the 10m contest.

Again, congratulations!

Vy 73 es DX

John N5CM

5. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm just hoping 10 comes alive someday before I become a Silent Key LOL

W4POT and N5CM like this.
  6. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

When 10 is good its really good! 12 is no slouch either but has even less activity.
    Heard Island I think it was...I caught them on 12 CQing trying to gen up some interest!

7. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations!

I was able to work 250 countries on both 10 and 12 during Cycle 24. I had my doubts at one point on whether I'd reach 200 but I surprised myself!
    I also worked 104 on 10M data. :)

Zak W1VT

8. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Nice Job.

9. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Well done. I’m working on it myself. I’ve got 100+ on 40 through 15, and in the 90’s on 12 and 10, but only 33 on 80–that’s going to take a better antenna!

10. N8AYY

N8AYY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was stuck on 80 meters as well until I finally put up a 53' HyTower Vertical. I started working into Europe with only two radials, now I have 60. Vertical can't hear as well as it can transmit but it works really well. 155 confirmed on 80 meters so far. N8AYY

WW2PT likes this.