ad: k1jek

Yahoo Group for KT series antennas from KLM, M2

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K1KP, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K1KP

K1KP Ham Member QRZ Page

Announcing the formation of a new Yahoo Group dedicated to discussion of applications, construction, and maintenance of the Killer Tribanders from KLM and M2. Includes KT34(A), KT34-XA, KT34M2, KT36-XA. Membership must be approved by moderator, but sending your full call once (no last two letters) will help! If you do not have a Yahoo ID and do not wish to create one, you can subscribe to email-only membership by sending an email to:

KTantennas-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

With the word ‘subscribe’ in the subject line.

2. WD4OHM

WD4OHM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds great

I have just finished the refurbishment of my KT-34 to include the M2 upgrade. I love this antennna!

3. K4QE

K4QE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Name of Yahoo Group?

Tony,

For those to whom it may not be obvious, the name of the new group is "KTantennas".

You can get to it directly here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KTantennas

73, Tony W2WAS

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  4. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for making the archives publicly readable. I assume this was a conscious choice.

I find it frustrating that many ham related Yahoo Groups choose to hide the archives from anyone who is not a group member and signed in to Yahoo. I've often come across Yahoo groups where I just want to do some initial research by reading the messages but the only way to do that is to apply to join and then wait for the admin's approval.

A while ago I asked a few group admins as to why they do this and nearly all gave me a polite response explaining why you have to register to post which is obvious (and probably a Yahoo requirement) but none could really explain why they keep the archives private for casual visitors. I can well understand the need for this for a group on a private or personal topic but it makes no sense for most ham radio groups. I suspect many are this way simply because it's the Yahoo default which never gets changed or given any thought to but it sure can be frustrating at times.

Cheers
    Ross

5. KC7UP

KC7UP Ham Member QRZ Page

I've had a KT34A since 1983. Wouldn't trade it for anything else.
    Curt

6. AC0GR

AC0GR Ham Member QRZ Page

I've got an unused KT34XA awaiting a QTH change so I can put it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.