ad: ProAudio-1

Yaesu's Newest Transceiver The FTdx3000

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4CLM, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. SM0O

SM0O Ham Member QRZ Page

Hm, no, not impressed. Design looks borrowed to me and colour monitor small.
    I was really excited about the "unvailing" of this rig, but it became kind of an anti-
    climax....

As far as the specifications and do-dah-s and the fingamajiggs, most new rigs
    pretty much have the same high quality, only the options differ more or less....
    That is, if you dont go to the real HiEnd stuff with all inclusive like IC-7800 and similars.

Note that every new tranceiver is "first in its class", "unike", "best receiver & tranceiver", "fastest DSP" and so on.
    The salespitching in the advert is no exception and makes me belive about half of if :)

Just my quick toughts / 73 Chris

2. WB9QVR

WB9QVR Ham Member QRZ Page

From what I learned at the show yesterday it's not a replacement for either of them. It it designed to fill a gap in the product lineup between the FT-2000 and FTDX-5000.

3. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

4. W4AMP

W4AMP Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a YAESU. It will not look like an Icom, nor sound like an Icom. That is why hams buy them. Kenwood might as well give up. It takes them ten years to come out with a rig. The 590 is so bad might as well not even count it.

5. W4HUF

W4HUF Ham Member QRZ Page

the guys were rumoured to be saying ftdx-3000 cost once approved by the fcc be about 4500 dollars...

6. W6OM

W6OM Ham Member QRZ Page

No thanks Yaesu & Kenwood

No thanks Yaesu, Kenwood and Icom, I'll keep my Flex 3000 which has hundreds of more features at 1/4 of the price...

Coupled with a touch screen computer I can run rings around the plastic boxes from abroad...

Cheers

Ron W6OM

7. N9GXA

N9GXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Being late to the party is not always bad. It's a good way to eliminate what doesn't work and produce a better product.

JMO
    73 - Paul - N9GXA

8. NZ9Y

NZ9Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Where is it made? For that matter where is the 5000 made?

9. AJ4LN

AJ4LN Ham Member QRZ Page

The newly announced Flex Radio units (see their web site) look very interesting.

10. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Given past Yaesu practice of putting replacement rigs in the "same box" (eg 757-890-900), and the single receiver, I'd say it's a good bet that this rig replaces the FT-950. Identical (within a tenth of an inch in depth, height and width the same, weight within 0.4 lb).

If so, and if it prices out in the same ballpark, it has winner written all over it.

Bill

11. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

FYI,it's NOT a Kenwood it's a Yaesu & I'll take my ICOM 756 PROII receiver over most ANYTHING I have EVER operated.You have ZERO idea how to operate one if you think it's garbage!

12. K4YND

K4YND Ham Member QRZ Page

Great looking machine.. Analog meter is a huge plus..The new Kenwood is going to be too expensive. If this thing comes in in the 2k range, the Icom 7410 is in trouble. The 3000 in the name scares me. If the XYL ever lets me onto the 3K field, it will be a K3/P3 combo for me.. I have the FT-950 and FT-450D. Yaesu does a good job in the radio/ per dollar catagory. I look forward to seeing one of these on the HRO bench

K4YND

13. AA8X

AA8X Ham Member QRZ Page

With no built in power supply and no second receiver, it falls below the FT-2000. Should cost a lot less than the FT-2000.
    Bob, AA8X

14. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Rumors of a $4500 price tag seem inconsistent with the features of the radio. It would seem to me that it should fall between the FT 950 and the FT 2000 in price. IMO the FT 950 is a better radio than the TS 590 so if my pricing guess is correct it should kill whatever market there is for the TS 590 and seriously dent the IC 7410 market as well. If it comes in around $1600-$1800 and the initial reviews are good I could be interested.

15. KK2DOG

KK2DOG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Icom's RULE...period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.