ad: AbAuRe-1

Yaesu's Newest Transceiver The FTdx3000

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4CLM, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. LA8NSA

LA8NSA Ham Member QRZ Page

Did I take your breath away? Continue, please. What do you think about that new transceiver?

2. KB2NHW

KB2NHW Ham Member QRZ Page

I still say the new 3000 looks like an Icom IC718 or a Yaesu ft747 on steroids...lol.

I guess ill have to see it in person, but it still gives me the same sinking feeling as when we went from nice heavy fly-wheel stereo tuners with wood side panels and real transformers caps and transistors, to cheap onkyo and sony and technics plastic crap with ic chips in them for amplifiers.

The old pioneers and marantz and whatnot kicked butt compared to the plastic consumer-grade garbage that came in the late 80's.

The Yaesu 3000 has that cheap consumer-stereo plastic look to it.

I think the Yaesu ft1000d will be the last heavy radio built. No more aluminum knobs and rubber around knobs etc.

Id also never pay over $1500 for any radio because no company of the big three will stand behind the product over 3-5 years. They dont even carry parts for some radios from 2 years ago, or firmware downloads. Its discusting.
    They should have supply parts for at least ten years in my opinion.

3. W3RXO

W3RXO Ham Member QRZ Page

Careful, around here, some folks take exception, and call those of us who appreciate older technology, curmudgeons, and say we have no right to comment on modern technology, simply because we like boat anchors.

4. KB2NHW

KB2NHW Ham Member QRZ Page

Pshhhh!!! I want a boat anchor with built-in DSP/Auto-Notch!!!

Theres things i like about boat anchors, and also things i like about newer radios.
    The new plastic-shaft knobs stink. My old Yaesu FT-757gx2 feels much better than the newer Icom IC-718 and the Yaesu FT-450's.
    Id love to see how the Yaesu FTDX9000 and Icom IC-7800 feels. Probably the same plastic cheap knobs as the cheaper radios.

But worst of all, i hate the fact that they dont support the radios that are 5 years old or more.
    Thats why i cant buy a radio that i couldnt afford to re-buy in cash every 5 years.
    I have to face the possibility that my throw-away radio may break down in less than 5 years and be unsupported and i will have to replace it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.