Yaesu, "YOU BLEW IT!" FTM-400XDR none anywhere...........

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N1ART, May 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: DLSpec-1
  1. N1ART

N1ART Ham Member QRZ Page

Try buying one right now, nobody has them in stock. 5/15/19

I bet after the sale is over (5/31/19), you will see this FTM-400XDR in stock a plenty.

2. W4EAE

W4EAE Subscriber QRZ Page

Yaesu is a company that manufactures and sells Amateur Radio equipment, and Amateur Radio equipment does not have what would constitute a 'mass market' for a global retailer by 2019 standards. This fact is reflected in both the availability and price of their radios. (If Yaesu could sell 4 million FTDX-101T units, they would cost $800 instead of $4,000).

We have a market economy. Yaesu is free to manufacture as many radios as they want, when they want; and they are free to charge whatever they want, whenever they want. You are free to purchase their products or not. I do not like this, but this is the way it is, and I am not sure how I can make it better.

This seems to be a rather straightforward situation, no matter how frustrating. You can purchase one now from HRO at the sale price, and when it comes back in stock they will ship it. Or, you can wait until it is in stock to order it and the sale may be over.

I do feel your frustration, but I have learned through much consternation that this is a hobby which generally requires a great amount of patience across the board. :)

KE0GXN likes this.
  3. N1ART

For all the Yaesu FTM-400XDRs they dont have in stock , they wont sell and people go elsewhere.
    The sale Will be over when its in stock, yep!

4. W4EAE

W4EAE Subscriber QRZ Page

It is a great radio. It is not perfect, but I absolutely love mine. If I were you, I would go ahead and purchase it from HRO. If it takes weeks and weeks and you decided that it was not worth it, I am sure HRO will give you your money back.

5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

I would gladly sell you mine for one thousand hamburgers next Tuesday. :confused:

WZ7U likes this.
  6. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That was such a Wimpy response! :)

K3KIC and KJ4VTH like this.
  7. W5PFG

W5PFG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Gee golly. I love learning all about economics on a ham forum thread. A sale! A shortage in supply! Who would have thunk it?

8. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you checked with Main Trading Company and Universal Radio? They are $20 bucks more than most other vendors have them priced, but if you want it bad enough the $20 extra may not mean that much to you.

9. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

HRO $409 ftm400xdr

10. N1ART

No man, look at the little squares at the bottom, none in stock in any HRO store as of 5/16/19.
    if they were in stock the store locations would have checkmarks.
    Maybe some hams would place an order without it in stock, to me that's taking a chance.