Yaesu, "YOU BLEW IT!" FTM-400XDR none anywhere...........

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N1ART, May 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N1ART

N1ART Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok so you're shopping for a new dual bander and you want 50 watts on both bands and you want digital,
    Yaesu is having a sale on the FTM-400XDR, problem is they don't have any in stock and I think they are
    "playing this up for the sale" or are just not building them fast enough. What do you think?
    I think they are doing this because of the sale they are having for some reason.........
    Anyway, so you want a rig and don't like to wait so who is going to win here?
    The ICOM ID-5100 will give you 50 watts, loads of features like the Yaesu and is the same price.
    I like Yaesu, but they blew it on this deal!
    What you think?

moral of the story, if you're going to have a sale, have the radio in stock fools!

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. KE7CIU

KE7CIU Ham Member QRZ Page

I think your logic is a bit self centered. The radio is on sale. Demand goes up; because it's a good product, short term availability goes down. I don't think there is any conspiracy afoot. :)

3. N1ART

N1ART Ham Member QRZ Page

Its like the car dealer that has the $2000 car and then when you get there its well we have this $4000 car instead......
    Bait and switch or bait and leave hanging until they decide when they want to ship it..
    For months these were in stock at HRO,DX Engineering,Universal or pick your favorite ham store.Question is do you want to wait and reel one in or go for the ICOM, Alinco, etc.
    I think Icom is going to benefit from this sale.

4. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Well alrighty then...

KE5OFJ and N1ART like this.
  5. AD0HT

AD0HT Ham Member QRZ Page

Order one and it will arrive at your door. Take advantage of this price (it was below $400 in dec 2018), the price will go up as tariffs kick in. The 400 is worth a bit of wait. Nothing else out there even competes (cost or capability wise).

N1ART likes this.
  6. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this model made in China?

7. AD0HT

AD0HT Ham Member QRZ Page

Parts of it.

8. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Gotcha. To be honest, I had not thought about the tariffs affecting ham gear until now. I guess the price of Baofeng will rise to $30 now :D

WB8NUT, N1VAU, K4PIH and 4 others like this.
  9. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Some part of pretty much EVERY current radio is made in China!

Dave
    W7UUU

N2SUB, KS2G, NL7W and 2 others like this.
  10. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

More like $30.53. :(

(Inflated) Regards,
    -Bruce

KK5JY and WE4B like this.