Yaesu YH-77STA Headphones - Anyone use one?

Discussion in 'Microphones, Speakers & Audio Processing' started by N4MU, Aug 13, 2017 at 4:35 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
  1. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been looking at the YH-77STA headset for CW use when portable. I already have a nice headset but want something lighter and without the mic. Has anyone had experience with this model? It sells for $85 at HRO and I don't want another $20 set of headphones for $85. How would it interface with a FT-450D or FT-991A? Since it's Yaesu I would think well enough. I don't want to resort to an 8 ohm set due to mismatch. Any experience...or other recommendations welcomed. No Heil please...I already have their headset...good but their earphones are overpriced. Thanks.

2. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

3. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks. Didn't think to look there. Yes, I see that it has only the stainless band...but I did want a lighter set. Plan is that they would be used with CW (keep wife happy). Guess I'll just have to wait to actually see.hear a set.

4. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

EYJ: Thanks for the reminder. I read all the reviews. Wow! Lower than an average 4.0 (that's my "red flag" warning threshold}. Of course it could be that since it's only about a headset most satisfied users never bother to tell how good it is...just the unhappy ones report. Oh well. I will hold off until I can actually put one on and do some sampling. "Caveat emptor" as Wayne Green used to say. Thanks.